QUADRUPLE BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON with extensive experience in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Shamoun is the only Plastic Surgeon in the U.S. Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery, American Board of Plastic Surgery, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Forensic Medicine.
Extensive experience in all aspects of Cosmetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of the Breast, Nose, Face ,Eyes and Body.
Well published author of several textbook chapters and journal articles related to the topics mentioned above.
Extensive experience in Medical malpractice case review, consultation, written evaluation and testimony (in depositions and trial), for plaintiff and defense.
Articulate subspecialty consultant with up to date knowledge and expertise of Plastic Surgery literature and standards of care.
Opinions supported by extensive subspeciality education, training, and experience.
Areas of interest: Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Breast Implant/Augmentation Surgery, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Surgery, Liposuction/Body contouring Surgery, Nasal Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery of the Eyes, Face, Nose, Breast, Body; Facelift Surgery, Trauma Surgery and General Surgery.
See listing under NLJExperts.com
Areas of Expertise
- General Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board Certified-Am. Board of Plastic Surgery,
Board Certified-Am. Board of Surgery,
Board Certified-Am. Board of Facial Plastic
& Reconstuctive Surgery,
Board Certified-Am. Board of Forensic Medicine,
All Certifications and Recertifications Current .
M.D. Physician and Surgeon Licensure in Texas,
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Med. Association,
American College of Surgeons (FACS),
American Society of Plastic Surgery,
The American society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Orange County Medical Association,
International Academy of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons,
California Society of Plastic Surgeons,
Califotnia Academy of Cosmetic Surgery,
American Academy of Anti-aging Medicine,
American academy of Aesthetic&Restorative Surgery
Los Angeles Society of plastic Surgery,
Orange County Society of plastic Surgeons,
American College of Forensic Examiners,
Society of Am. Gastrointestinal Surgeons,
California Medical Association.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Clinical Instructor Univ. of South Alabama-
Dept. of Surgery;
Speaker --3rd Annual Symposium on Aesthetic Plastic Surgery of the Face, Eyes, Nose, Scalp, Breast .
Newport Beach, CA 1995
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 25-50
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: All aspects of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and General Surgery
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60% Plaintiff
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40% Defense
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: approximately 20
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: July 31, 2002
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: In all cases where I was designated
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 6-10
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 5-7
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: All
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: usually 500.00 per hour but negotiable
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 500.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 1000.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 9000.00-12,000 plus travel (Negotiable)
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Call 949-7593977 speak with Yvonne and she will FAX fee schedule
901 Dove St,Suite 120
Newport Beach, CA 92660
PH (949) 440-9720 .........
Frederick H. Bysshe,Jr
10 South california 93001-2802
Ventura, California 93001
PH (805) 648-3224..........
Steven R. Young
101 Pacifica, suite 240
Irvine, Ca 92618
PH ((949) 788-3999.............
1819 20th St
1801 Avenue of the Stars
los Angeles, CA 90067-5801
PH: (310) 286-1000................
1210 Regency Plaza
3710 Rawlins St.
PH (214) 987-1745.