John F. Doherty Ed.D. applies his experience, education, and training to provide expert witness services on cases involving school liability and negligence. He is an experienced public and private school educator who has focused his work on improving schools through effective hiring practices, supervision and training of staff, and building a school culture of sustainability. He has over 35 years of experience as a Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Principal, Assistant Principal, Department Chair, Coach, and Teacher. Dr. Doherty has focused his work as an educator in several areas, including educator evaluation, school safety and security implementation, IDEA, Title IX, bullying and harassment prevention, pandemic education and operations planning, social emotional learning, equity and social justice, and health and wellness in schools. Dr. Doherty has a doctorate in Education Leadership, a master’s in Curriculum, Instruction, Supervision and Leadership, and a bachelor of science in Biological Sciences.
Dr. Doherty specializes in education administration and supervision; student supervision; personnel screening and hiring; personnel supervision and discipline; school liability; sexual harassment; Title IX; Section 1983; sexual abuse; child abuse; special education; general education; school bus transportation; school comparison in custody matters; wrongful death; as well as other areas.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Child Abuse
- Child Custody
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Education & Schools
- Family Law
- Playground Safety
- School Safety
- School Security
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Doctorate in Education Leadership
Master’s in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Supervision and Leadership
Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences and Science Education
Teaching Licensure program for PreK-12 Education
Assistant Superintendent (PreK-12)
Middle School Teacher (5-9)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Association of School Administrators (AASA)
Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
Massachusetts Association of School Superintendents (MASS)
Merrimack Valley Superintendents Association (MVSA)
National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP)
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 30-50
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Public School and Private School Sexual Assault-Abuse-Harassment
Public School and Private School Personal Injury
Public School and Private School Physical Abuse
Daycare Physical Abuse
Discrimination: Sexual Harassment - Title IX
Special Education Physical Abuse/Restraint/Seclusion
Wrongful Death and Student Suicide
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
Available Upon Request