I am an actively practicing, Invasive/Interventional Cardiologist for over 20 years specializing in Advanced Interventional procedures such as complex angioplasty, advanced coronary stent procedures, and am an Interventional Physician trainer for advanced procedures such as Rotational and Laser Atherectomy. I supply evidence-based opinions and treatment in all areas of Adult Cardiology both in my case reviews and in my practice.
Areas of Expertise
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Critical Care Medicine
- Hospitalist Medicine
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Dual Board Certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine, in the fields of Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology. Active California Medical License. MD - Medical Doctor.
Director of Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories and Invasive Cardiology Anaheim Regional Medical Center. Director of Invasive/ Interventional Cardiology for Pacific Cardiovascular Associates.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow - American College of Physicians (ACP)
Fellow - American College of Cardiology (ACC)
Fellow - Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI)
Appointed Task Force Member - American College of Cardiology
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Chair, weekly cardiac catheterization conferences. Several speaking engagements on topics such as Drug Eluting Stents, Advanced Coronary Interventional Procedures, Live course demonstrations of interventional techniques.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: General cardiology, Critical care, Invasive Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
The reason that I have a balanced defense/plaintiff case load is that I provide evidence based opinions regarding the medical facts of each case, independent of whether supplied by a plaintiff or defense counsel with and can inform my clients on where the standards of care were met, breached or exceeded.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 5
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: December 2013
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Medical records review, angiogram review, Depositions, expert testimony, written report writing including statements of merit, Case summary opinions and Affidavits. Hospital external peer review.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: As per fee schedule. Supplied upon request
References upon request.