Contact Jeffrey Nicholson, PA-C, PhD for any case involving physician assistants or nurse practitioners. He will either help you personally or coordinate an expert from his network of qualified experts, usually within 48 hours. Mr. Nicholson has been a practicing PA for 19 years, is a national speaker, former PA Program Director, and is a respected leader in his profession, with advanced degrees from Harvard, Boston College and the University of Wisconsin.
Areas of Expertise
- Health Care Litigation
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Physician Assistants
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Licensed Physician Assistant in the State of Wisconsin, formerly licensed in South Dakota and Texas; Nationally Board Certified by the National Commission on the Certification of the Physician Assistant; DEA Registration; ACLS; BS Boston College, BS University of Wisconsin-Madison; M.Ed. Harvard University, MPAS University of Nebraska, PhD University of Wisconsin - Madison.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Academy of Physician Assistants, Distinguished Fellow
American Academy of Physician Assistants in Legal Medicine, President
Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants, Board Member
Society of Emergency Medicine PAs, Fellow
Board of Directors, Hillside Health Care International
Health Committee Chair, Boy Scouts of America
National Eagle Scout Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Multiple speaking engagements locally and nationally on PA Risk Management and Malpractice; 12 years of PA faculty student teaching experience; 18 years of PA student clinical mentoring in employment settings.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Multiple over 8 years
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: All areas of PA practice. Depending on the case, I maybe able to testify in any clinical specialty. However, I will recommend and refer or coordinate a PA Expert if the situation is best suited by a specialist PA. My own ares of expertise include, emergency medicine, urgent care, family medicine, primary care, internal medicine and pain management. Professionally, I am qualified to testify as well regarding PA supervision, licensing, certification, and education.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50 percent
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50 percent
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 15
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Two months ago
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Once
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Since 2001
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $450 with a 4 hour minimum
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $3000 flat fee
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel from point A to B at $100 per hour, coach airfare and hotel as needed.
References upon request.