With over 35 years of experience in the commercial roofing and building construction arena, Jeff Martin has a vast knowledge of the roofing, waterproofing, wall construction, and related sheet-metal industries. Services include forensic and legal representation, building condition assessments, inspection and testing (high/low voltage leak detection, AAMA E-1105 and 502 water testing, Infrared thermal scans, etc.), project design with specifications and plan developement, project QC and oversight, Design Peer Reviews, along with cost and budget reviews. Jeff currently holds numerous certifications within the building envelope industry including: Registered Roof Consultant and Registered Roof Observer (IIBEC), CDT (CSI), Infrared Thermographer Level One, EIFS Inspector (EDI and AWCI), and the Level I and II Wall Inspector (EDI). Fortress BEC is capable of helping with a wide array of building enclosure issues.
- Brick & Stone
- Construction Damages
- Metal Roofing
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Registered Roof Consultant (RRC) with IIBEC
Registered Roof Observer (RRO) with IIBEC
EIFS Inspector with AWCI
Level I and II EIFS, Wall, and Adhered Stone Inspector with EDI
Construction Document Technologist with CSI
Level One Infrared Thermographer
Certified Aerial Lift Operator
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC)
Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
Exterior Design Institute (EDI)
Association of Ceiling and Walls (AWCI)
Fenestration and Glazing Industry Alliance (FGIA)
Internation Facility Managers Association (IFMA)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Myth of the Roof Warranty: Presented to several trade groups
Contractor Versus Consultant: Presented to several roofing contractor associations
Selecting a Contractor: Presented to IFMA trade group
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 12
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Roofing Failures
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 90 Percent
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 10 Percent
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 7
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 3
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Building Envelope Consulting and Design
AAMA Window Water Testing
Roofing Testing (Including Infrared Thermal and Capacitance Scans as well as low/high voltage membrane testing)
Design Peer Reviews
Quality Control Site Inspections
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $200.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $175.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $275.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400.00 per hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Other expenses are invoiced at cost plus 5% and would include travel expenses.
This may include equipment shipping, etc. if testing is required.
Available upon request