Mr. Diamond is an expert in the following areas: Casualty & Property Insurance, Property & Casualty Insurance, Homeowners Insurance, Insurance Arbitrator, Life Insurance, Bad Faith, Renter's Insurance, Fire Insurance, Disability Insurance, Insurance Coverage, and Insurance Policy Interpretation.
- Bad Faith
- Fire Insurance
- Health/Medical/Disability Insurance
- Homeowner's Insurance
- Insurance Adjuster
- Insurance Agent/Broker
- Insurance Customs & Practices
- Insurance Fraud
- Liability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Property & Casualty Insurance
- Risk Management
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: University of California at Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts - Political Science 1975
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles ó Juris Doctor 1978
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: State Bar of California (admitted November,l978),
American Bar Association, Member of Tort and Litigation Practice Section, Member of Committees on Property Insurance Law and Insurance Coverage Litigation, Los Angeles County and Atlanta Bar Associations, Licensed Life Insurance Agent in State of California.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Guest Speaker: ìClaim Representation and Litigation Responsibilities" ó Allstate Insurance Company, Marina District Claims Office - August, 1983.
Guest Speaker: ìConcurrent Causationî - United
Pacific/Reliance Insurance Companies, Santa Ana
Regional Claims Office ó May, 1984.
Guest Speaker: ìDonít Let Your Real Property Claims
Slide: An Update on Concurrent Causationî - Independent
Insurance Agents and Brokers of Los Angeles - September,
Guest Interviewee: ìInsurance Round tableî Radio Program on KBLA-AM Radio - January, 1992.
Guest Speaker: ìManaging Agent Liabilityî - Ventura County Association of Health Underwriters - May, 1992
Guest Speaker: " Claims Seminarî - Sponsored by Rubin, Palache & Associates, Public Adjusters and James R. Gary, Realtors - February, 1995
Guest Speaker: ìEarthquake Claims Seminarî - Sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group Policy Holders - April, 1995
Instructor: Los Angeles Valley College Paralegal Academy, ìContracts,î ìEvidenceî ìTorts,î ìLaw and Motion,î ìCommencement of the Lawsuit,î ìTrial
Preparation,î ìPost-Trial Motions and Appealsî and ìInsuranceî Modules, 1995ó2005
Adjunct Professor: University of West Los Angeles School of Law, Woodland Hills -Insurance Law, 1995ó1998, 2000, 2002, 2004
Adjunct Professor: Georgia State Univeristy College of Law, Atlanta - Insurance Law Spring 2009 Fall 2009
MCLE Instructor: Pacific Legal Institute, ìLaw and Motion,î November, 1996
Guest Speaker: Insurance Appraisal Conference,îAppraisers and Umpires Immunityî-February, 1997
Guest Speaker: Insurance Dispute Resolution Center, ìLegal Writing for Appraisers and Umpires,î September, 1997
Instructor-Becker/Conviser CPA Review Course-Law Modules- 2000ó2001
MCLE Instructor: San Fernando Valley Bar Association
MCLE Marathon, January, 2001-îFundamentals of Insurance Coverage for the General Practitioner,î January 2002-"Update on Insurane Law."
Published Decisions-Preis v. American Indemnity (1990)220 Cal. App. 3d 752; Michelson v. Mid-Century InsuranceCompany (2000) 83 Cal.App.4th 450, 99 Cal.Rptr.2d 804, Bialo v Western Mutual Insurance Company, (2002) 95 Cal.App.4th 68, 115 Cal.Rptr.2d 3
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 10-15
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Insurance coverage, insurance bad faith re: 1st party, 3rd party, disability claims
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: approx. 8
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: September 2006
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 3
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, legal analysis, live testimony, written opinion letters
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 325
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 325
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 365
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 365
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses, parking, extraordinary copying expenses
Michael Anatole, Esq.
Law Offices of Michael Anatole
1076 Rambling Way
Simi Valley, California 93065
Jeffrey A. Slott, Esq.
21031 Ventura Blvd., 12th Floor
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Jeffrey L. Krivis, Esq.
First Mediation Corp.
16501 Ventura Blvd., Suite 606
Encino, CA 91436