I am an accomplished senior healthcare executive with experience within academic medical centers, integrated healthcare organizations, multi-hospital/multi-site systems, and free-standing fee for service entities. I have extensive knowledge related to surgical clinical scenarios that I have participated in and encountered during my career, as well as my education and experience as a Registered Nurse, Operating Room Manager, Director, and Administrator in similar venues. I have extensive experience with regulatory mandates, expertise in national clinical standards, and ensuring best practices in procedural safety culture. I also completed the Institute of Healthcare Improvement's Patient Safety Executive post-graduate course in 2013. I am currently board certified as an clinical Operating Room Nurse (CNOR). As an administrator, I have personally supervised the safe care in and around surgery and other procedures in various operating room venues for 12 years, totaling approximately 200,000 surgeries.
Oversight Experiences include:
- Multi-site surgical venues - UC Davis Medical Center, Kaiser Permanente
- Level 1 Trauma academic medical center – UC Davis Medical Center
- Integrated health system – Kaiser Permanente
- Military health care – Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton, Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Ambulatory surgery and procedural services – Alta Bates Summit Surgery Center
- Clinic management – Perioperative Medicine Clinic, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco
- Capital Construction Planning and Implementation – UC Davis Medical Center
Clinical Experiences include:
-Medical Surgical Nursing Educator
-Shock / Trauma Intervention
-Preoperative, Intraoperative, and Postoperative Care
-Root Cause Analysis
-Quality and Safety Investigations
-Standard of Care Research
-Surgical Robotics Program Co-Chair
-Value Analysis Director
- General Surgery
- Hospital Administration
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Trauma Surgery/Trauma Medicine
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: • 2008 Featured Speaker at 2007 ASPAN Conference | Anaheim, CA
• 2010 Kaiser Permanente Leader Recognition Supplemental Bonus Award
• 2013 IHI Pt. Safety Executive Program – Inst. for Healthcare Improvement, Boston, MA
• 2021 Featured Speaker at National Conference of OR Business Managers
• 2021 Featured Speaker at National Conference of the American Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN)
• 2021 Featured Speaker at the Pyrotec Beyond Clean Clinical Conference
• 2021 2 Appearances on the Beyond Clean / First Case podcast
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: over 20
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 40% of overall.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: over 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: recently
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: none
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: none
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 5
Available Upon Request