Ms. Ramsay has years of experience with insurance coverage issues, claims handling and the underwriting of both commercial and personal lines property insurance.
She can provide testimony on the customs and practices of the insurance industry in bad faith lawsuits. She also acts as an appraiser in property insurance appraisals.
Areas of Expertise
- Bad Faith
- Business/Employment Insurance
- Fire Insurance
- Homeowner's Insurance
- Insurance Adjuster
- Insurance Agency
- Insurance Customs & Practices
- Insurance Fraud
- Property & Casualty Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: J.D. from the University of San Francisco School of Law-1969 Honors: Ranked sixth in her graduating class, member of Moot Court, member of McAuliffe Honor Society (academic achievement), and Law Review. Author of two law review articles. Ms. Ramsay was admitted to the California Bar in January of 1970. She was one of four women in her class. Ms. Ramsay is currently on U.S.F. Law School’s Board of Counselors.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member of California Bar Association, Orange County Bar Association, OCBA Insurance Law Section, American Bar Association, ABA Tort and Insurance Practice Section, ABA Coverage Litigation Section, and William P. Gray American Inns of Court. 2014 Chair of Orange County Bar Association Insurance Law Section.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Lectures and Publications: Ms. Ramsay has been a frequent speaker on property insurance issues since the early 1980’s to the present. Ms. Ramsay was a speaker and/or panelist for the Property Loss Research Bureau (PLRB) National Conference of Insurers, California Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB), the Combined Claim Conference, the Property Loss Executives Association, the California State Bar, the Orange County Bar Association, the American Bar Association TIPS section, American Conference Institute, the California Conference of Arson Investigators, the Orange County and Los Angeles CPCU Chapters, the Property Loss Managers Conference, the Orange County Fire Chiefs' Association, the Rutter Group’s seminars, and the West Valley Claims Association She has also given in-house seminars for several insurers. She spoke to the Insurance Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association in May of 2012.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 150 or more
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Property Insurance Coverage, Claim Handling, Custom and Practices or the insurance industry
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 20% to 25%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 75% to 80%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 75 or more times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: February 2015
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 20 or more times.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Many times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: About 30 years--The last 7 years exclusively as an expert or appraiser. Before that as a part of my law practice,I also did occasional expert work or advice of counsel testimony.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Testimony in bad faith cases, consulting on coverage, underwriting and claim handling issues, site inspections, being and appraiser in property insurance appraisals
References upon request.