Dr. Jane McNaught is a psychologist with both a Clinical and Forensic practice. She graduated from the University of Minnesota with a Ph.D. in 1982. She is also a Board Certified Forensic Psychologist. Dr. McNaught has been in private practice for over 30 years, and has been involved in more than 1700 forensic cases and testified in over 700 cases. She testifies on approximately an equal basis for both the Defense and Plaintiff throughout the United States. She has also been qualified as an expert in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) by both the United States Army and Navy. She has further been qualified as an expert in both District and Federal Court.
Dr. McNaught's specialty is in the evaluation of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), within the context of Civil, Criminal, and Family Law.
Within the area of Civil Law, Dr. McNaught evaluates the emotional impact of injuries on both children and adults. She has testified in numerous cases involving the sexual and physical abuse of adults and children within institutional settings such as schools, churches, hospitals, and the Boy Scouts. In personal injury cases Dr. McNaught has served as an expert in: motor vehicle accidents involving adults and children; cases where children and adults have been victims of dismemberment, dog bites, and scarring; burn cases involving both adults and children; cases involving electrocution and amputation; and cases involving allegations of sexual assault as well as delayed reports of sexual assault.. Dr. McNaught has also been retained as an expert in Medical Malpractice cases involving infant death as well as other adult and child cases where medical malpractice is alleged. Dr. McNaught's expertise within the Employment Area, includes work on cases involving Unfair Labor Practices as well as Sexual Harassment and Age Discrimination. In such cases she has often been obtained as an expert to evaluate the reliability of alleged victims of sexual assault as well as delayed reports of sexual assault.
The second area of Dr. McNaught's practice is in Criminal Law. Hired by both the Prosecution and Defense, she has testified regarding the credibility of alleged victim's statements regarding Sexual Abuse, Recantation Issues, and Interview Techniques with Victims of Sexual Assault. She has also been hired as an expert in criminal cases involving mental health issues that have an impact on sentencing.
Dr. McNaught has frequently acted as an expert in a variety of Family Law cases. She specializes in High Conflict Custody Evaluations involving Allegations of Sexual Abuse, Parental Alienation, and the Diagnosis of Personality Disorders. In addition, she has conducted evaluations involving allegations of Factitious Disorder by Proxy (formerly known as Munchausen by proxy) and psychological malpractice in custody evaluations. Dr. McNaught also works as a Child Specialist with collaborative and non-collaborative attorneys to assist their clients in developing parenting plans that involve input from the children. Such parenting plans can then become part of the final divorce decree, resulting in reduced conflict between the parties and decreased legal fees.
Professionally, Dr. McNaught frequently attends and has made presentations at Psychological and Legal conferences across the country related to her areas of expertise. Dr. McNaught has also conducted national training for Mental Health Practitioners in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Child Sexual Assault Victims.
Areas of Expertise
- Child Abuse
- Child Custody
- Child Psychology
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Trauma
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Personal Injury
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- Testamentary Capacity
- Undue Influence
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Dr. McNaught is both a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist. She obtained her Ph.D. from the Universtiy of Minnesota in 1982 and is a Board Certified Forensic Psychologist. She is a Licensed Psychologist with the State of Minnesota and has been in Clinical and Forensic practice for over 30 years.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Dr. McNaught is a member of The American Psychological Association (APA),and is a member of the Divisions for: Law and Policy, Family Concilliation Courts. and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. She is also a member of both the State of Minnesota and the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children, the Minnesota Psychological Association, and Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology,.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Dr. McNaught has conducted seminars in the area of Civil, Criminal, and Family Law for Mental Health Professionals, Judges, and Attorneys. These seminars have been conducted on the State, National, and International level. She has been qualified as an expert in a number of States as well as in Federal Court. She has also been qualified as an expert in PTSD by The United States Navy and The United States Army. Dr. McNaught has presented at a number of state and national seminars in her areas of expertise.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been obtained as an expert in over 1700 cases in my over 30 years of practice. I have testified on over 700 occasions in District and Federal Court as well as for the US Army and Navy.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD) in Children and Adults; Motor Vehicle and other Accidents involving Emotional Injuries to Children and Adults;,Civil Suits involving: Amputation, Scarring, Infant Death, Medical Malpractice,Sexual Harassment, Age Discrimination, Institutional abuse in hospitals and schools,and Clergy Sexual Abuse. Evaluating the credibility of litigants, utilizing psychological testing.Criminal cases involving Allegations of Sexual Assault and the impact of Mental Health Problems on Sentencing. Family Law: High Conflict Custody Evaluations,Parenting Consultant, Parent/Child Alienation, and the critique of other professionals' reports; Factitious Disorder by Proxy (Munchausen by Proxy), False Memories, Recantation, Identification of child sexual abuse victims, adult/date rape cases, False Allegations of Abuse. Also experienced in Vaccine Injury Compensation cases.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: I have been retained by plaintiff and defense lawyers in approximately equal numbers.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: I have been obtained by plaintiff and defense lawyers in approximately equal numbers.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: I have had my deposition taken on over 100 occaisons.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: My deposition was most recently taken one week ago.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Over 700 occaisons.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: I have testified on over 700 occaisons in court.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: I have worked for over 30 years with the legal industry as an expert
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Dr. McNaught offers court and trial preparation consultation, psychological assessments in the areas of civil, criminal, and family law cases. Dr. McNaught provides review and consultation regarding the work of other forensic experts and has been effective in eliminating/or negating the credibility of other expert testimony and reports throughout the course of her career.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Dr. McNaught does not charge for an initial consultation. Her hourly rate depends on whether or not the case involves trial testimony or deposition.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: Call for further information
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: Call for further information
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Call for further information
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses are charged to the retaining law firm.
Contact Dr. McNaught by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org