Dr. Jane K McNaught
Edina, MN 55435
Dr. Jane McNaught is a Clinical and Forensic psychologist. Dr. McNaught graduated from the University of Minnesota with a Ph.D. in 1982 and has been in private practice for over 35 years. She has been involved in more than 1700 forensic cases and testified in over 500 cases. She testifies on approximately an equal basis for both the Defense and Plaintiff throughout the United States. She has also been qualified as an expert in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) by both the United States Army and Navy. She has further been qualified as an expert in both District and Federal Court.
Dr. McNaught's specialty is in the evaluation of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), within the context of Civil, Criminal, and Family Law.
Within the area of Civil Law, Dr. McNaught evaluates the emotional impact of injuries on both children and adults. She has testified in numerous cases involving the sexual and physical abuse of adults and children within institutional settings such as schools, churches,group homes and hospitals. In personal injury cases Dr. McNaught has served as an expert in: motor vehicle accidents involving injury/ death to adults and children. She has also worked as an expert in cases where children and adults have been victims of dismemberment, dog bites, and scarring. Other cases have included: burn cases involving both adults and children, cases involving electrocution and amputation; and cases involving allegations of sexual assault as well as delayed reports of sexual assault. In such cases she has often been obtained as an expert to evaluate the reliability of alleged victims of sexual assault as well as delayed reports of sexual assault.
Dr. McNaught has been retained as an expert in Medical Malpractice cases involving infant death as well as other adult and child cases where medical malpractice is alleged. Dr. McNaught's expertise within the Employment Area, includes work on cases involving Unfair Labor Practices as well as Sexual Harassment and Age Discrimination.
The second area of Dr. McNaught's practice is in Criminal Law. Hired by both the Prosecution and Defense, she has testified regarding the credibility of alleged victim's statements regarding Sexual Abuse, Recantation Issues, and Interview Techniques with Victims of Sexual Assault. She has also been hired as an expert in criminal cases involving mental health issues that have an impact on sentencing.
Dr. McNaught has frequently acted as an expert in a variety of Family Law cases. She specializes in High Conflict Custody Evaluations involving Allegations of Sexual Abuse, Parental Alienation, and the Diagnosis of Personality Disorders. In addition, she has conducted evaluations involving allegations of Factitious Disorder by Proxy (formerly known as Munchausen by proxy) and psychological malpractice in custody evaluations.
Professionally, Dr. McNaught frequently attends and has made over 50 presentations at Psychological and Legal conferences across the country related to her areas of expertise. Dr. McNaught has also conducted national training for Mental Health Practitioners on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Child Sexual Assault Victims.
- Child Abuse
- Child Custody
- Child Psychology
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Trauma
- Fitness for Duty Evaluation
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Personal Injury
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- Testamentary Capacity
- Undue Influence
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Dr. McNaught is both a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist. She obtained her Ph.D. from the Universtiy of Minnesota in 1982. She is a Licensed Psychologist with the State of Minnesota and has been in Clinical and Forensic practice for over 35 years.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Dr. McNaught is a member of The American Psychological Association (APA),and is a member of the Division for: Law and Policy, Family Concilliation Courts. She is also a member of both the Minnesota and National Association of Family Conciliation Courts, and the Minnesota Psychological Association.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Dr. McNaught has conducted over 50 state, national, and international seminars for Mental Health Professionals, Judges, and Attorneys. She has been qualified as an expert in a numerous States as well as in Federal Court. She has additionally been qualified as an expert in PTSD by The United States Navy and The United States Army.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been obtained as an expert in over 1700 cases in my over 35 years of practice. I have testified on over 500 occasions in District and Federal Court as well as for the US Army and Navy.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD) in Children and Adults; Motor Vehicle and other Accidents involving Emotional Injuries/Death to Children and Adults;Civil Suits involving: Amputation, Burns, Scarring, Dog Bite, Infant Death, Medical Malpractice; and Emotional Injuries Related to Sexual Assault. Employment Law Cases involving Sexual Harassment and Age Discrimination; Institutional Abuse in Treatment Centers for the Mentally Handicapped, Hospitals, Schools, Daycare Facilities, as well as Clergy Sexual Abuse. Evaluating the Reliability of Litigants, utilizing psychological testing.Criminal Cases involving Allegations of Sexual Assault and the Impact of Mental Health Problems on Sentencing. Family Law: High Conflict Custody Evaluations,Parenting Consultant, Parent/Child Alienation, Factitious Disorder Imposed Upon Another (formerly known as Munchausen by Proxy), False Memories, Recantation, Identification of Child Sexual Abuse Victims, False Allegations of Abuse, and the critique of other professionals' reports.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: I have been retained by plaintiff and defense lawyers in approximately equal numbers.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: I have been obtained by plaintiff and defense lawyers in approximately equal numbers.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: I have had my deposition taken on over 100 occaisons.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: I have my deposition taken approximately three times per year.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Over 500 occasions.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: I have testified on over 500 occasions in court.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: I have worked for over 35 years with the legal industry as an expert
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Dr. McNaught offers court and trial preparation consultation, psychological assessments in the areas of civil, criminal, and family law cases. Dr. McNaught provides review and consultation regarding the work of other forensic experts and has been effective in reducing the credibility of other expert testimony and reports throughout the course of her career.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Dr. McNaught does not charge for an initial consultation. Her hourly rate depends on whether or not the case involves trial testimony or deposition.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: Email for further information
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: Email for further information
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Email for further information
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses are charged to the retaining law firm.
Contact Dr. McNaught by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org