Board Certified Pulmonary Internist with strong background in physiology and clinical medicine:
SPECIFIC AREA of EXPERTISE: Cause of Death and Life Expectancy
in Wrongful Death cases
--whether injury contributed to the death
--life expectancy absent the injury
--Preventive Cardiology/Anti-Aging Medicine: 2005-present
--Internal/Chest Medicine: 1984-present
--Emergency Medicine: 1978-1988
--Internal Medicine: 1981
--Pulmonary Medicine: 1992
--Anti-Aging Medicine: 2005
--Lecturer in Physiology, University of California, Riverside: 1997-present
--Attending Physician, LA County/USC Medical Center: 1986-1996
--Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of California, Riverside
Areas of Expertise
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Independent Medical Examinations (I.M.E.)
- Industrial Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Toxicology
- Occupational/Environmental Health
- Personal Injury
- Preventive Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Degrees:
BS Chemistry, Illinois State University, 1971
MS Human Anatomy, University of Illinois, 1974.
MD University of Illinois, 1977.
Internal Medicine 1981.
Pulmonary Medicine 2002.
Anti-Aging Medicine 2005.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Academic Appointment:
Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of California Riverside School of Medicine
Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians.
Fellow, American College of Anti-Aging Medicine
Forensic Expert Witness Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: 2008-present: University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
--Practicum for second year medical students: Pathophysiology and Mechanisms of Disease
1997-2008: UCR/UCLA Thomas Haider program: lecturer in physiology
1995-2005: University of California Irvine, Dept. of Anatomy: guest lecturer in physiology and clinical correlates
1986-1997: LA County/USC Medical Center, Dept of Internal Medicine: attending physician
1973-1974: National College of Chiropractic, Dept. of Anatomy: teaching assistant, human anatomy
1972-1974: University of Illinois College of Medicine, Dept. of Anatomy: teaching assistant, human anatomy/neuroanatomy
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 300+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Pulmonary Embolism, Lung Cancer, Wrongful Death, Mold Exposure, Asthma, Pneumothorax, Fatal Sepsis, Toxic Fume Inhalation, Death-Motor Vehicle Accidents, Electrocution, Sudden Cardiac Death, Premature Extubation, Mechanical Ventilation death, Anaphylaxis, Secondhand Smoke Exposure, Diabetic Ketoacidosis, Stroke, Aspiration Pneumonia, Smoke Inhalation, Chest Trauma, Myocardial Infarction, Elder Abuse, Septic Shock, Post-operative Surgical Death, Malignant Hypertension, Sub-arachnoid Hemorrhage, Acute Respiratory Failure, Upper Airway Obstruction, Blunt Abdominal Trauma, Post-operative Surgical Complications, Cardiac Arrhythmia, Hemothorax, Pneumonia, Diabetes, Hypovolemic Shock, Hemorrhagic Shock, Congestive Heart Failure, Drug Overdose, Medication Overdose, Pancreatitis, Pulmonary Edema, Pulmonary Hypertension, Life Expectancy, Blunt Head Trauma, Gunshot Wounds(chest and abdomen), Penetrating Trauma (chest and abdomen).
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Several hundred
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: June, 2014
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 100+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Over 50
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25+
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Report Preparation
Complex Case Analysis
Medical Records Review
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: no charge
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $750
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $750
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Determined on a case by case basis.
1. Michael Van Dyke, Esq. 808-537-6119
2. Edquon Lee, Esq. 808-524-7030