Clinical practice Pulmonary and Chest Medicine: 1984-present
Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, UC Riverside College of Medicine
Expert Witness medical malpractice and personal injury: 1994-present
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board Certified Internal Medicine
Board Certified Pulmonary Medicine
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow American College of Chest Physicians
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: UC Riverside College of Medicine 1997-present
--2nd year medical student course:
--Pathophysiology and Mechanisms of Disease
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 200+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: asthma
carbon monoxide poisoning
coronary artery disease
congestive heart failure
deep venous thrombosis
interstitial lung disease
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 30-40%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60-70%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 500+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: April, 2021
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 50+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 6
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: chart review
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: No charge
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $750/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $750/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $750/hr
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $5,000 retainer
Kathleen Leary 520-547-1600
Smith Law Group
Shirley Blazich 702-213-2566
Claggett & Sykes
Los Vegas, NV