Active Lender with over 30 years experience in Banking, Finance, and Real Estate Lending. Experienced in Trial and Deposition Testimony.
James (Jay) Hibert was in the commercial banking industry for 25 years before leaving to form his own company, Market Street Financial Solutions, a commercial Real Estate lending company. Market Street Financial Solutions is a licensed California Finance Lender and Bureau of Real Estate Broker. The company provides services to banks, non-banks, and individuals in need of creative financing solutions.
With now over 30 years of experience in banking and real estate, Jay's market knowledge and transactional experience has allowed him to work in a consulting and expert witness capacity for many clients over the years. Still an ACTIVE lender in the industry, Jay has transacted hundreds of real estate and non-real estate loan negotiations in times of economic growth as well as downturns in the economy. His extensive credit background arms him with the understanding of how banks and other lenders operate internally.
Jay Hibert is a licensed Real Estate Broker through the California Bureau of Real Estate. CA BRE #01523075 and his company is a California Finance Lender and Broker through the California Department of Business Oversight DBO# 603I920..
Key areas of expertise include:
Lending Policies, Custom and Practice/Lender Liability
Broker Standards of Care and Fiduciary Responsibility
Loan Underwriting and Credit Administration
Loan Process and Bank Loan Restructure/Workout Process
Note Valuations/Collateral Review
Litigation and Discovery Consulting
Specialty Niche in SBA Real Estate Lending
Construction RE Lending & Administration
Expert reports adherent to Federal Rule 26
Loan Syndication/Secondary Market Loan Sales
Title Insurance Cases
*****Experienced in trial and deposition testimony*****
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Real Estate
- Escrow/Title Insurance
- Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Leasing
- Real Estate Malpractice
- Real Estate Valuation
- Retail Real Estate
- Shopping Center/Mall Real Estate
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Educational Background:
High School: Point Loma High School, San Diego, CA--Grad. 1981
College: Pomona College, Claremont, CA – Grad. 1985, B.A.
(Areas of concentration—Accounting, Economics, and Philosophy)
Licenses: Licensed California Real Estate Broker (BRE #01901827)
California Finance Lender and Broker (DBO #603I920)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: North San Diego County Association of Realtors
Pacific Southwest Association of Realtors
National Association of Realtors
USD Family Business Forum
American Electronics Association (AEA)
Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
UCSD Economics Roundtable
San Diego Downtown Partnership
Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Financial Management for Treasurer of non-profit organizations
Expert panel member for “CPA Continuing Education Courses” (sponsored by RSM McGladrey)
Fundamentals of financial accounting
Expert panel member for “What Every Small Business Owner Should Know to Improve Their Banking Relationship”
Expert panel member for “What Bankers Look for in a Construction Company Client”
Guest presenter for commercial brokerage companies in the area of finance and investment opportunities in commercial real estate
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 45
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Commercial Real estate: Bank’s and Regulatory Policies and Procedures, Standard of Care, Customs and Practices, Underwriting, Servicing and Liquidation, Interest Rates, Credit Scoring Impact on Lending, Hard Money Lending, Cross Collateral, Broker Qualifications and Fiduciary Responsibility, Interest Rates and Loan Availability, Predatory Lending, Standard of Care and Loan Administration, Construction Financing/Fund Control, Lender Liability, 7A Loan Liquidation, Loan Underwriting and Servicing, Impact of Guarantor on loan approval, SBA SOP & Customs and Practices in SBA Lending, Brokerage Customs and Practices, Real Estate Valuation, Asset Valuation, Acquisition and Disposition, Requirements of a Lender and Broker making loans, Mortgage Servicing
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 18
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: August 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 8
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 6
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Litigation and Discovery Consulting
Expert report adherent to Federal Rule 26
Trial and deposition testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $350 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $350 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $2,000 half-day flat rate
$4,000 full day flat rate
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $175 travel time
Jerry D. Hemme
Good, Hemme, Petereson
6256 Greenwich Drive, #500
San Diego, CA 92122
Partner, Litigation Practice
Baker & McKenzie, LLP
Two Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111
Kenneth E. Chyten
Law Offices of Kenneth E. Chyten
300 East Esplandade Drive #900
Oxnard, CA 93036
Bradley L. Jacobs
Bradley L. Jacobs Attorney at Law APC
501 West Broadway, Ste 1650
San Diego, CA 92101
Mark H. Nys
501 West Broadway, 6th Floor
San Diego, CA 92101
Early Sullivan Wright Gizer & McRae LLP
6420 Wilshire Blvd, 17th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Litigation Department Chair
4401 Eastgate Mall
San Diego, CA
Marcus G. Larson, Esq.
Grant, Genovese & Baratta, LLP
2030 Main Street, Suite 1600
Irvine, CA 92614
Daral B. Mazzarella, Esq.
Mazzarella & Mazzarella, LLP
1620 Fifth Avenue, Suite 600
San Diego, CA 92101
Renee F. Bergman, Esq
320 Haddon Avenue
Westmont, New Jersey 08108
Simone Law Firm
3702 4th Avenue
San Diego, 92103
Jampol Zimet LLP
800 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1400
Los Angeles, CA