Jim Ellis is a retired FBI Agent with more than 33 years of complex investigation experience. He is located in Texas but is available nationwide. Mr. Ellis is a Certified Fraud Examiner, FINRA Arbitrator, and a Private Investigator. His areas of expertise include Fraud, Bank Fraud, Investment Fraud, Health Care Fraud, Insurance Fraud, White Collar Crime, Money Laundering, RICO Investigations, Narcotics Trafficking, Organized Crime, and Violent Crime. Mr. Ellis served for ten years on the FBI's Evidence Response Team and is an expert in crime scene forensics and evidence analysis and preservation. He is also an expert in Police and federal law enforcement procedures and techniques; including informant operations, wire tap investigations, sensitive investigations, and tactical operations.
- Crime Scene Analysis
- Evidence Analysis & Preservation
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Law Enforcement
- Police Procedures
- White Collar Crime
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B.S. in Accounting from Ball State University
29 year career as an FBI Special Agent
Certified Fraud Examiner
FINRA Public Arbitrator
Licensed Private Investigator in Texas
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Association of Legal Investigators
Texas Association of Licensed Investigators
Council of International Investigators
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 5
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Fraud
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 3
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting Expert
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Free
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $225
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $250
Available Upon Request