Dr. Jae young Bang is a research scientist and software technology consultant with over a decade of experience in software engineering. He has a diverse background ranging from academic research in software architecture to leading-edge software development practice. He currently serves as a consultant and source-code reviewer in software-related litigation including patent/copyright infringement and breach-of-contract matters, and also as a researcher in software architecture design and analysis.
- He has several years of experience in software development practice as a software engineer, building authentication and security systems to be used by a user base of over 100 million people.
- He conducts research in the field of software systems and engineering—including software design and architecture, collaborative software development, large-scale distributed software systems, and mobile operating systems.
Areas of Expertise
- Cell Phones
- Computer Security
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Software Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: I hold a Ph.D. and a M.S. in Computer Science from University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) and a B.Eng. in Computer Science from Soongsil University (Seoul, Republic of Korea).
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I have delivered various invited speeches, seminars, lectures, and technology demonstrations at domestic and international software industry events and computer science conferences. A recent, notable one was the Best Paper Award presentation at the International Conference on Software Architecture 2017 (Gothenburg, Sweden).
Available Upon Request