Dr. Jae Young Bang
LOS ANGELES, CA 90012
Dr. Jae Young Bang is director of software development and software technology consultant with over a decade of experience in software engineering. He has a diverse background ranging from academic research in software architecture to leading-edge software development practice.
He currently serves as a testifying expert and source-code reviewer in technical due diligence projects and software-related litigation, including patent/copyright infringement and breach-of-contract matters.
He has several years of experience in software development practice as a software engineer, building authentication and security systems to be used by a user base of over 100 million people.
He conducts research in software systems and engineering—including software design and architecture, collaborative software development, large-scale distributed software systems, and mobile operating systems.
» Director of Software Development at Quandary Peak Research (software research & development)
» Senior Computer Scientist at Quandary Peak Research (consulting for software IP litigation cases)
» Faculty Lecturer at University of California, Irvine (teaching Software Design)
» Software Engineer at Kakao Corporation (user identity & abuse prevention platform; full-stack)
» PhD in Computer Science (University of Southern California, Software Engineering)
- Cell Phones
- Computer Security
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Software Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: I hold a Ph.D. and a M.S. in Computer Science from University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) and a B.Eng. in Computer Science from Soongsil University (Seoul, Republic of Korea).
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I am a Lecturer at University of California, Irvine, teaching Software Design: Structure and Implementation (INF 122).
I have delivered various invited speeches, seminars, lectures, and technology demonstrations at domestic and international software industry events and computer science conferences.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been retained as an expert in nearly a dozen cases regarding patent, copyright, class action, and breach of contract.
"Jae led our team in building a successful project for our client. He was always on top of things. He was always prepared for meetings and presentations, and always checked in on the rest of the team to see if they needed any assistance and would lend a hand if any was needed. When there were tasks that nobody else would want to do, Jae would volunteer to do them. I am very pleased to have worked with Jae."
— Gary Lam, Director of Technology at Edmunds