Dr. Jonyer is a technologist, a scientist and an educator with extensive academic, industry, and investment experience. He has co-authored over 25 scientific publications, journal articles, book chapters, and other peer-reviewed articles. Dr. Jonyer is an expert in machine learning and the broader field of artificial intelligence, mobile telecommunications, mobile media streaming and delivery, augmented and virtual reality, and software product management.
- Information Technology
- Software Engineering
- Wireless Technology
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Ph.D., Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, The University of Texas at Arlington, 2003
MBA, Carnegie Mellon Univerisity, 2010
M.S., Computer Science and Engineering, with thesis in Artificial Intelligence. The University of Texas at Arlington, 2000
B.S., Computer Science and Engineering, with Honors Thesis in Artificial Intelligence. The University of Texas at Arlington, 1999
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: - Professor at Oklahoma State University
- Product manager at Google
- Venture capitalist at NexStar Partners, New Venture Partners, Pittsburgh Equity Partners
- Software engineer and architect at Nortel Networks and several startups
- Expert reviewer for numerous journals, conferences and magazines, and been a committee member for academic conferences, including AAAI, IEEE, ACM, ICML, ICDM.
- Expert reviewer for national granting organizations, such as the NSF.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I was assistant professor of computer science for 5 years, and taught 9 different courses, including:
- Artificial intelligence
- Theory of computation
- Advanced programming language theory (and its undergraduate version)
- Advanced algorithms and data structures (and its undergraduate version)
As a venture capitalist I spoke on recent technology topics to boards of directors, and other venues on such topics as:
Investment opportunities in autonomous vehicles, machine learning, augmented and virtual reality, LIDAR and active sensors, mobile and streaming media delivery, Intellectual Property Risk in Early Stage Equity Investments, State of the video conferencing market, State of Online Secondary Markets for Private Placements.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: My clients rely on my expertise in the following technologies:
- Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Neural networks (NN), Deep learning (DL, DNN), Graph-based data mining, Social network analysis
- Autonomous vehicles, simulation, location technologies (GPS, SLAM, vSLAM, WiFi), sensors (Lidar, Radar, IR, SWIR, sonar)
- Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR, XR), HMDs, optical subsystems, eye tracking, gesture recognition, remote rendering
- Telecommunications, 3G, CDMA, mobile computing, Android apps
- Digital multimedia, Video streaming, Smart TV, Google TV, Chromecast
- Internet of things (IoT), Connected home, Smart home, connected vehicles, industrial IoT, predictive maintenance
- High performance computing (HPC), Parallel and distributed computing, MPI, Multi-threading, POSIX threads, Windows multi-threading, cluster computing
- Internet and Web technologies, LAMP stack, AWS
- Environments: Visual Studio, .NET, Ruby Mine, PyCharm, Eclipse.
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, RDBMS, SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Elastic Search, Oracle
- Operating systems and servers: Linux, Android, Windows, VxWorks, UNIX, Google TV
- Networking and protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, IMAP/POP/SMTP, DNS, GSM/CDMA/LTE, Wifi/802.11, telnet
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: I consult on
- Intellectual property disputes, such as patent infringement and invalidity
- Software development disputes, such as breach of contract
- Software design validation, source code review
- Investor and venture capital disputes
I am available to testify, write reports, and general consultations.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Depends on the case, but I charge the same fee for all services, by the hour.
Available Upon Request