I am an expert, author, speaker and educator in occupational electrical safety. I received my BSEE from VA Tech in 1973. My 45+ year career with DuPont focused on electrical safety in the construction, operation and maintenance of DuPont facilities worldwide. My responsibilities included improving management systems, competency renewal, work practices, and the application of technologies critical to electrical safety performance in all DuPont operations. I have published more than 90 peer reviewed papers and magazine articles on occupational electrical safety. I have received awards from leading institutions recognizing my work to advance the practice of electrical safety. I am an adjunct faculty member in the graduate school of Advanced Safety Engineering and Management (ASEM) at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). At UAB, I teach Prevention through Design, Engineering Ethics, and Electrical Systems Safety which I developed for the ASEM curriculum. I am an IEEE Life Fellow, a professional member of American Society of Safety Engineers, a Certified Safety Professional, a Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professional, a Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional, a Certified Reliability Leader and a registered professional engineer in Delaware. I established Electrical Safety Group, Inc. in 2001 to provide expert witness and consulting services in electrical safety matters.
Areas of Expertise
- Construction Safety
- Safety Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BS Electrical Engineering, VA Tech
Professional Engineer (Delaware)
Certified Safety Professional (Board for Certified Safety Professionals)
Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professional (National Fire Protection Association)
Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
Fellow, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Safety Engineers (Professional Member)
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (Fellow Member)
Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (Member)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: 2013 - present, Adjunct Professor, Advanced Safety Engineering and Management, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 20
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: occupational electrical safety
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 5
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $275
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $275
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $275
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $275
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: reasonable and customary travel expenses
References upon request.