I am a software and systems expert and technical executive with more than 25 years of experience in computer, telecommunications, network security, and SaaS/Cloud platforms. I have led development and QA teams in architecting, developing, and deploying a multi-tenant SaaS-based vulnerability management platform and scanning solution which is being used worldwide by Fortune 500 organizations as part of their ongoing cyber defense programs.
I currently serve as a software intellectual property and due diligence consultant focusing on software patents & trade secrets, software development best-practices, and digital copyright/code theft.
- Cell Phones
- Computer Security
- Data Communications
- Intellectual Property
- Trade Secrets
- Wireless Technology
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: I hold a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering from McGill University Montreal Canada.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I have delivered various invited speeches and technology demonstrations at numerous cyber security events and conferences including RSA security, ISC2 Security Congress, ISSA International Conference, many USA BSides Conferences, while highlighting across media and security articles including, Forbes, Fox Business News, CIO review, SoftPedia, IT World Canada, and others.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been retained as a software expert in 19 engagements related to software litigation, technical due diligence, and IP valuation.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have 18+ years of experience in software development practice as a software engineer in architecting, designing, and deploying multi-tenant SaaS-based cyber security solutions. I am experienced in the following technologies:
• Computer / Network Security: IAM, Vulnerability Management and Scanning, DLP, Endpoint Protection, IDS/IPS, Application Security, SIEM, Cloud Security, Encryption, MFA, Phishing Detection, Security Awareness
• Databases: MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Google BigQuery
• Networking & Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, REST, SOAP, SMTP, UDP, SS7
• Source Code Review: C/C++/C#, Obj-C (iOS), Swift, SQL, MySQL, Java, Kotlin, JS, TS, PHP-Laravel, Python-Django, PERL, Assembly
• Telecom: SS7, SIP, TCP/IP, UDP, H.323, RTP, VoIP, Call Processing
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately half of my engagements represent plaintiffs.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately half of my engagements represent defendants.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: I perform all types of software consulting and analysis, including:
• Source code discovery and review
• Technical design documentation analysis and review
• Software development process audit and assessment
• Investigation of software failure
• Software copyright & patent analysis
• Software trade secret analysis
• Technical Due Diligence
"I have worked with Gordon for about 10 years and during that time, he was always available to help when there a need. He assisted me (as CTO) with SQL queries when I needed assistance. He took time out of his busy day to actually write some queries. He is extremely knowledgeable and very pleasant to work with. He would be a great asset to any company."
— Tammy Allen, PMP, CPCU | Business Process Automation Manager, Digital Defense
"Many businesses underutilize available resources. Gordon is a detail oriented manager who provides the optimum balance of autonomy and structure to facilitate project development."
— Robert Meyer | Digital Defense
"Gordon is the best manager I've worked with. Gordon maintains a positive, cheerful attitude that brings out the best in his subordinates, delegates responsibilities appropriately, and is willing to listen when one encounters obstacles completing assigned tasks."
— Michael Coulman | Principal Platform Architect, Digital Defense