Who is Kilpatrick Forensics?
Kilpatrick Forensics is a forensic engineering and consulting firm that provides forensic vehicle crash reconstruction engineering and analyses services for our clients. Our forensic engineers travel throughout the United States and internationally to investigate traffic crashes resulting in personal injury or death.
The Mission of Kilpatrick Forensics, P.A.
Our mission is to provide to you forensic engineering services that are dedicated to the application of the art, science and methodology of engineering and the scientific method in order to answer questions of fact in the jurisprudence system concerning accidents and product defect and failure claims. We utilize our engineering knowledge, skill, experience, training and education to give you an objective professional opinion that is detailed, understandable and timely. Our engineers have submitted many written expert reports in state and federal court and have given sworn expert testimony under oath during both deposition and trial.
What services does Kilpatrick Forensics, P.A. provide?
• Motor Vehicle Accident Reconstruction involving cars, trucks and heavy commercial vehicles.
• Motorcycle Accident Reconstruction
• ATV and ROHV Accident Reconstruction
• Computer Based Dynamic Motor Vehicle Crash Simulations
• Product Defect and Failure Analyses
• Laboratory Testing Support
• Computer Aided Design (CAD) Engineering Drawings
• Research Services
• Education, Training and Professional Development
Who are our clients?
We work with law firms, public defenders and insurance companies on civil plaintiff, civil defendant, criminal and insurance claimant cases.
How can you contact Kilpatrick Forensics?
We are headquartered in Jamestown North Carolina. You can contact us at 336-841-6354 to discuss you case with us. Visit our website at www.kilpatrickforensics.com
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Admiralty & Maritime
- All Terrain Vehicles (ATV)
- Amusement Parks
- Automobile Mechanical & Body Repair
- Automotive Engineering
- Black Box/Data Recorder
- Bus & Truck Safety/Accident
- Child Safety
- Construction Safety
- Consumer Products
- Demonstrative Evidence/Exhibits
- Design Engineering
- Driver Behavior
- Elevator & Escalator
- Equipment & Machinery
- Evidence Analysis & Preservation
- Failure Analysis
- Fitness Equipment
- Food Processing Engineering
- Forensic Engineering
- Hazardous Materials
- Human Factors Engineering
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Labels & Warnings
- Ladders & Scaffolds
- Latches & Fasteners
- Machine Guarding
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Occupational/Environmental Health
- Personal Injury
- Power Tools
- Products Liability
- Professional Engineering
- Safety Engineering
- Safety Equipment
- Seat Belts & Air Bags
- Structural Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- UTV (Utility Vehicles, Side by Sides)
- Vibration Analysis
- Walking & Working Surfaces
- Warehouse Operations
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Licensed Professional Engineer in NC, SC, WV, VA, GA, FL, TN, LA, MS, MI, NJ, WA-DC and MD. For any other state that I'm not licensed in, I can apply for and obtain a temporary permit or a permanent license for engineering work.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE).
Professional Engineers of North Carolina (PENC).
National Academy of Forensic Engineers (NAFE).
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).
National Association for Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialist (NAPARS).
The ARC Network.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Teaching Experience:
Taught Mathematics for Koyo Coporation for personnel applying for permanent employement for screening purposes.
Society of Manufacturing Engineers – Subject Forensic Engineering (2004).
Professional Engineers of North Carolina – Subject Forensic Engineering (2007).
Raleigh-Wake County Paralegal Association – Subject Forensic Engineering (2007).
Guilford County Paralegal Association – Subject Forensic Engineering (2007).
Casualty Insurance Adjusters Various Chapters – Subject Forensic Engineering (2007).
North Carolina Paralegal Association – Subject Forensic Engineering (2008).
Local Middle Schools – National Engineer’s Week – Subject Engineering Profession (05-09).
North Carolina State University ASME Student Section – Subject Forensic Engineering (09).
Piedmont Community College – Subject Forensic Engineering (2009).
•National Engineer’s Week – Subject Careers in Engineering and What Engineers Do (04-09).
IADA Conference – Vehicle Crash Data Retrieval and Traffic Accident Reconstruction (2011).
National Academy of Forensic Engineers – ATV Accident (2012, 2014).
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 150+ to date.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Traffic Crash Reconstruction.
Motorcycle Crash Reconstruction.
(ATV) All Terrain Vehicle Crash Reconstruction.
Product Liability Investigations for Automobiles.
Product Liability Investigations for Heavy Trucks.
Product Liability Investigations for Motorcycles.
Product Liability Investigations for ATVs.
Product Liability Investigations for Buses/Recreational Vehicles (RVs).
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 80 Percent
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 20% Percent Defendant.
Also retained for Criminal Defense Cases.
Also retained for Insurance Claims.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 25 depositions to date.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: June 15 2016.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 25 time to date.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 25 time to date.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 13+ years to date.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Traffic Accident Investigation and Forensic Engineering Reconstruction.
Airbag Control Module Crash Data Report Retrieval and Interpretation.
Motorcycle Accident Investigation and Forensic Engineering Reconstruction.
Motor Vehicle Lamp Filament Analysis.
All Terrain Vehicles (ATV) Accident Investigation and Forensic Engineering Reconstruction.
Brake, Skid and Handling Testing.
Product Liability Investigation for Automobiles, Heavy Trucks, Motorcycles, ATVs, ROVs.
These above include At-Scene Investigation and Evidence Mapping.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $200/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $200/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $300/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $300/hr
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: I require reimbursement for all expenses including but not limited to travel mileage, auto fuel, document copy fees, the purchase of standards and manuals, auto mechanical services such as component disassembly and reassembly at a dealership, lab testing, airfare, motel and rental vehicles etc.
References will be supplied upon request.