Yale Physics PhD | Patent Litigation Expert Witness | Medical Devices and Diagnostics Research & Product Development | Expert in Blood Collection, Separation, Cell Preparation for Diagnostics & Therapeutics | 13 Patents in In Vitro Diagnostics, Point-of-Care Diagnostics, Blood Collection | Expert in Infrared, Optical, X-ray, Spectroscopy & Imaging Instrumentation for Measurements of Physical, Chemical, & Biological Material Properties
Dr. Fletcher’s consulting includes supporting companies with product development challenges, conducting technology scouting and competitive assessments of current products, technologies, and business models. He advises companies developing blood cell separation technologies to improve both diagnostics and cell therapy manufacturing.
- Intellectual Property
- Laboratory Medicine
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Doctor of Philosophy in Physics, Yale University, New Haven, CT
Bachelor of Arts in Physics and Mathematics, DePauw University, Greencastle, IN
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member, American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)
Member, American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: BECTON DICKINSON, Franklin Lakes, NJ
• Taught, on ongoing basis, 2-day BD University course on “Managing for Performance Excellence” to managers.
UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA, Charlottesville, VA
• Taught undergraduate introductory physics laboratory course.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 3
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Blood collection and processing for in vitro diagnostics and for therapeutics
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 100
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Once
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: September 12, 2019
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 1
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reports, testing
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses
Available Upon Request