Dr. Christensen is an economic consultant and health economist with a PhD in economics from the University of Illinois. He is a private consultant in both health care and litigation as well as an adjunct professor at the University of Minnesota teaching health economics and policy. In litigation, he specializes in personal injury, wrongful death, wrongful termination, and business loss cases. In health care, he consults with organizations on financial performance under various reimbursement models, demonstrating value of specific clinical approaches, and the economic impact of health systems on the local economy.
Previously, he directed the Health Research and Policy team at the Center for Naval Analyses in Alexandria, VA, where he conducted and oversaw research for the Military Health System, Navy Medicine, Department of Veterans Affairs, and Department of Health and Human Services. His health economic research has covered cost, efficiency, medical homes, accountable care organizations, interventions, compensation and retention of health care professionals, and infrastructure. He has authored or coauthored nearly 100 publications and presentations.
- Business Valuation
- Health Care Economics
- Labor Economics
- Lost Profits
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Termination
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: PhD, Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
MA, Economics, Colorado State University
BS, Business Management (Finance), Brigham Young University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Association of Forensic Economics
American Academy of Economic and Financial Experts
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Health Economics and Policy, University of Minnesota
Principles of Microeconomics & Macroeconomics, University of Illinois
Testified before U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives committees
Monthly testimony before the Veterans Disability Benefits Commission (18-month period)
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Personal injury, wrongful death, wrongful termination, business valuation, lost profits, class action, present value of life care plans, lost earnings, lost household services, value of life
References upon request.