Edward J Vogel MD is a board certified OB/GYN Medical expert witness with 13 years of consulting experience. He will provide timely and honest evaluations of all areas of a generalist OB/GYN. He currently practices as an OB/GYN Hospitalist. Prior to that, he has 14 years of private practice experience as the senior partner in a large single specialty group.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board Certified in OB/GYN 1994
Board Recertified In OB/GYN 2004-2009
New York Medical license
Virginia Medical license
Residency OB/GYN 1988-1992 Tripler Army Medical Center
Medical degree 1988 University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American College of Obstetrician and Gynecologists
Dutchess County Medical Society
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: Office of Professional Medical Conduct of the state of New York investigated a maternal death that was under my care and no action was deemed necessary.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Approximately 50-60.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: General OB/GYN
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 90%.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 10% but I am looking to do more.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Five.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Sept 2009.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Twice.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Twice.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Thirteen years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: OB/GYN Medical expert case review and consultation with testimony if appropriate.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500/hr.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500/hr.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $800/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $5000 flat fee.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses for trial or deposition if appropriate.
References upon request.