Douglas Seemann, BCE a Board-Certified Entomologist with expertise in Applied Forensic Urban Entomology and Pest Control practices spanning the country and Mexico, provides expert witness and comprehensive consulting services to our clients. With nearly 40 years of pest control field and management experience, Mr. Seemann offers expertise not typically seen in entomology experts.
Our Clients have included Law Firms, Home Builders, Pest Management Associations, State Agencies, Pest control companies, Property management Companies and others. in over 100 cases since 2004 Douglas Seemann has been retained as expert for both plaintiffs and defendants. With extensive experience in public speaking, he is equally comfortable and confident in deposition or in court. Mr. Seemann holds several licenses including pest control and real estate (see attached CV). BCE Services, LLC offers continent wide coverage, will travel.
Expertise in Pest Control, Habitability, Insects, Bed bugs, Termites, Rodents, Birds, Spiders, Ticks, Pest related damage, injury and death. Clients and cases include Residential, Commercial, Institutional, Industrial and regulatory.
- Home Inspections
- Insects & Pests
- Real Estate Broker
- Residential Real Estate
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BS Science University of Connecticut, Entomology, Medical Entomology, Parasitology
Board Certified Entomologist
AZ Real Estate Broker
Pest Control Operator/Qualifying Licenses, AZ, CA
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member Entomological Society of America
National Pest Management Association
Pi Chi Omega
National & Arizona Associations of Realtors
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Frequent speaker for pest control industry, associations, state regulators & other agencies.
State University of New York, Farmingdale: Pest Control
Continuing Education Classes: AZ, NY
Host and owner: "Everybody's Home" radio show
Dale Carnegie Teaching Assistant
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 100+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Habitability, Pest Control Practices, Standard of Care, Bed Bugs, Spider bite, Termite damage, Hantavirus, Wrongful Death, Rodents, Flies, Lyme disease
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Currently 40%, previously 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Currently 60%, previously 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Approximately 20
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: July 2023
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 4
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 3
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: since 2004
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert Witness, Consulting, Site Inspections, Reports, Product testing, Product representation
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $375/Hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $375/Hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $550/Hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $550/Hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $2,250 (6 hours) per diem for travel plus actual expenses
Available Upon Request