Douglas Baumgarten, M.S., offers consulting and expert witness services related to Fitness, Health Clubs, Exercise Equipment, Personal Training and Sports. Mr. Baumgarten is a graduate of Harvard (B.A. Anthropology) and California University of Pennsylvania. (M.S. Exercise Science). He is a certified Health/Fitness Director (Amer. College of Sports Medicine), Performance Enhancement Specialist (Nat. Academy of Sports Med.) and Medical Exercise Specialist. He has also served as Adjunct Professor of Health and Human Performance at Marymount University in Virginia. In addition, he has certification and expertise in cycling, triathlon, baseball, and softball.
Mr. Baumgarten has over 40 years of experience in the fitness industry, as personal trainer, facility manager, equipment salesman and purchaser, consultant, founder/President of Personal Fitness Inc. (dba Country Club Fitness), and President of SportFit Consulting. He also has over 15 years of experience as a legal expert, on cases ranging from equipment accidents to health club employee conduct, for both plaintiffs and defendants. He has testified in both jury and non-jury trials, in federal as well as state courts.
- Fitness Equipment
- Premises Liability
- Sports & Recreation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B.A., Harvard University (Anthropology)
M.S., California Univ. of Pennsylvania (Exercise Science)
ACSM - Certified Health/Fitness Director, 1986-present
NASM - Certified Performance Enhancement Specialist
AAHFP - Certified Medical Exercise Specialist
IBFI - Certified Level 3 Bike Fitter
SICI - Certified Bike Fitter
ASA - Softball National Championship Official
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: IHRSA
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Marymount University, Adjunct Professor, 2015 -- Fitness Management.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 125
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Exercise programs, fitness equipment, personal training, health club management, triathlon training, baseball/softball.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 65-70%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 30-35%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 28
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: January 2016.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 10
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 10
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 12
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reports, site inspections.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Daily cap of $1500/day (+ expenses) for travel.
David E. Frank
Frank Law Group
1517 Lincoln Way
Auburn CA 95603
Law Offices of Steven S. Farbman PA
2241 HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD
HOLLYWOOD FL 33020-6707