As a licensed professional civil engineer P.E. and certified construction cost estimator I am your one stop for expert witness services. I am also a licensed Real Estate Broker in California and a licensed Mortgage Broker. I am a Certified Professional in Stormwater Quality, CPSWQ as well as Qualified SWPPP Developer. I am also a Certified Infrastructure Asset Manager through the Institute for Asset Management, MIAM. I am a certified facilities engineer. I am also a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional. I teach classes in engineering at the local university. I am a licensed FAA pilot. I stop at nothing to ensure satisfied clients. I am completing one case in California and I have another case in Texas which demonstrates my experience and success in the industry. Contact me today to experience unmatched excellent reliable customer service.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Damages
- Construction Insurance
- Construction Site
- Forensic Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- Traffic/Highway Safety
- Transportation Construction
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Licensed Professional Civil Engineer, P.E.
Certified Cost Engineer, CCE
Project Management Professional, PMP
Certified Contracting Officer Representative, COR Level II
Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, LSSBB
Certified Contractor Quality Management, CQM
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional, LEED A.P.
Certified Cost Estimator, EP2, American Society of Professional Estimators, ASPE
Certified Professional in Storm Water Quality, CPSWQ
Qualified Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan Developer, QSD
Qualified Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan Practitioner, QSP
Certified Infrastructure Asset Manager, MIAM, The Institute of Asset Management, IAM
Master of Business Administration, MBA
Licensed FAA Pilot.
Licensed Real Estate Broker, CalDRE 01942381
Licensed Mortgage Broker, NMLS
Certified Office Contract Analyst, OCA
Eagle Scout Medal, The Boy Scouts of America.
Federal Service Medal.
Passed FBI Entrance Exam.
Passed Notary Public Exam.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Chair of the Board, President, American Society of Civil Engineers, ASCE P-E.
Board of Directors, United States Green Building Counsel, USGBC San Diego.
Member - California Association of REALTORS, CAR.
Member - National Association of REALTORS, NAR.
Member - Greater San Diego Association of REALTORS, SDAR.
Member - Water Environment Federation, WEF.
Member - California Water Environment Federation, CWEF.
Member - Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International, AACEi.
Member - Toastmasters International.
Member - American Public Works Association, APWA.
Member - American Water Works Association, AWWA.
Member - Construction Management Association of America, CMAA.
President - American Congress on Surveying and Mapping, ACSM.
Recording Secretary - Associated General Contractors of America AGC.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Half Moon Education, Engineering and Construction Cost Estimating.
New School of Architecture and Design, NSAD, Teaching Engineering and Construction Cost Estimating.
Upright Citizens Brigade, Live, On-stage, Improvisational Comedy, UCB Sunset, Hollywood, California.
Cost Estimating and Construction Management, American Water Works Association, AWWA and Water Environment Federation, WEF Annual Conference and Convention.
Cost Estimating and Construction Management, Construction Management Association of America, CMAA.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No. N/A.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 4. Four.
1. City of Los Angeles vs. Tetra Design, Inc. as plaintiff.
2. AAA Building vs. Westside Purple Line Extension, WPLE as defendant.
3. Oceanside Construction Case as plaintiff.
4. Houston Rapid Transit as defendant.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Cost Estimating - Damages Expert Witness.
Civil Engineering - Design / Construction Defect Expert Witness.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: One. Audio and Video.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: August 2019.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Two.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: One.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 5 (Five) years since 2014.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting. Reports. Site Inspections. Research. Testimony. Deposition.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Rate is $350.00 per hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: Rate is $300.00 per hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: Rate is $400.00 per hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Rate is $450.00 per hour.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel Expenses are at cost, plus 10%. Copy fees are $2.00 per page. Reports are an additional $2.00 per page. Appearance fee is minimum $500 per day for appearances of less than one hour.
1) Kenneth Mattfeld, Deputy City Attorney, City of Los Angeles, California. Phone: 562-335-4490. email: firstname.lastname@example.org [Construction - Design Defect claim case]
2) Robert Ewert, Attorney, Dallas, Texas, Texas Bar: 24036540. Phone: 972-638-8660. email: email@example.com [Construction - Design Defect claim case]
3) Stuart Melman, Attorney, San Diego, California. Phone: 619-304-0600. email: firstname.lastname@example.org [Real Estate Law]
4) Virginia Lopez, Attorney, Escondido, California. Phone: 760-533-7043.
5) Mr. Stormoen, Attorney, San Diego, California. Phone: 619-236-8655.
Additional References Available Upon Request.