Rehabilitation Care Coordination was founded in 1989 by Doreen Casuto. Today we are an office of nearly 20 nurses, social workers, therapists and more. We are a Nurse Life Care Planning and Case Management company specializing in medical malpractice, personal injury, product liability and tort cases. These cases involve catastrophic injuries including; brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, cancer, amputees elder abuse and mental illnesses.
Since 1989 we've provided life care plans on thousands of patients ranging in age from birth to elderly, plaintiff, defense and joint expert at locations from Guam & Hawaii to Florida and the US Virgin Islands. Our patient centered approach means our life care plan focuses on the true needs of the individual, and that focus and attention to detail means our life care plans have been essential in leading to positive results, short and long term.
Let us help you and your client reach their best possible outcome.
- Brain Injury
- Elder Abuse
- Group Home
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Life Care Planning
- Long Term Care
- Medical Malpractice
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: EDUCATIONAL
1984 MRA Degree Rehabilitation Administration
University of San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
1970 B.S. Degree Nursing
• Registered Nurse - CA, DC, UT.
• Public Health Nurse Certificate 1978
• Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse 1985 (RNCB # 00005624)
(American Board of Nursing Specialties)
•Certified Case Manager 1993 (CCMC # 00018394)
(Commission for Case Manager Certification)
•Certified Life Care Planner 2000 (CHCC # 0320)
(Commission on Health Care Certification)
•Certified Nurse Life Care Planner 2011 (CNLCP # 4110641)
(Certified Nurse Life Care Planner Certification Board)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: •Adjunct Faculty Member San Diego State University School of Nursing 2017 to Present
•Advisory Board Member Southern California Chapter of the United Spinal Association July 2017 to Present
•Emeritus Board Member: Brain Injury Association of California
•Board Member of the California Brain Injury Association, (CALBIA) 2009 - 2016
•Board Member of the Foundation for Rehabilitation Education and Research 2004 – 2008
•Board Member of Jewish Family Services of San Diego, 2002-2004.
•Board Member of the San Diego Brain Injury Foundation, 1996-2000
•Co-developed and implemented an orientation program for rehabilitation nursing personnel at Continental Rehabilitation Hospital
•Co-developed, presented, and continue to provide ongoing consultation for a local head and spinal cord injury prevention program
•Commissioner for the Commission for Case Management Certification 1999-2004, Secretary and committee assignments
•Consultant - for the rehabilitation centers at D.T. Watson Rehab Hospital for Children, PA.and Fort Sanders Presbyterian Hospital, TN.
•Served on the Editorial Board for the Journal of Life Care Planning, published quarterly ,Elliott & Fitzpatrick, Inc., Athens, GA, until 2015
•Expert reviewer for Outcomes Following Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury: Clinical Practice Guidelines for Health-Care Professionals, Consortium for Spinal Cord Medicine, July 1999
•Involved in the development of Creative Living, an independent living facility for the physically disabled in Columbus, OH.
•Member of the Ethical Review Committee of International Academy of Life Care Planners, IALCP
•Member of Jewish Family Services of San Diego Mental Health Committee, 2004-
•Presentations at local, national and international conferences - Post Anesthesia Nurses Association, American Hospital Association, American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine, Association of Rehabilitation Nurses, California Association of Rehabilitation Facilities, Case Management Society of America, American Association Legal Nurse Consultants, National Association of Rehabilitation Professionals in the Private Sector, Medical Case Management Conventions and American Board of Disability Analysts.
•Served as Adjunct Faculty, SDSU and USF
•Served as a Model Center Coordinator for American Association of Neurological Surgeons Prevention Program - "Think First" from 1983-1997
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Adjunct Faculty member - San Diego State University School of Nursing: 2017-Present
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: At least 500
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Life Care Plans
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 45%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 55%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Around 400
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: March 2022
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: At least 200
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 75
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 35
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Life Care Planning
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Free consultation
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: Our rates depend on when trial or the report is due.
8+ weeks we require a $3500 non refundable retainer and charge $300 for Nurse rate and $90 for administrative rate
8 or fewer weeks we require a $4500 non refundable retainer and charge $400 for Nurse rate and $125 for administrative rate
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500/hour with a two hour minimum and travel expenses are extra. Please note if Deposition is cancelled less than 24 hours from start within County of San Diego (48 hours outside County of San Diego), firm will be charged for two hours deposition plus potential travel expenses.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500/hour with a two hour minimum and travel expenses are extra. Please note if trial is cancelled less than 24 hours from start within County of San Diego (48 hours outside County of San Diego), firm will be charged for two hours deposition plus potential travel expenses.
Available Upon Request