Dr. Borys is a UCLA-educated forensic,clinical & health psychologist and diplomate in forensic psychology. She provides emotional damages assessment, case consultation on psych issues, lit review, & review of opposing psych expert's work for cases involving: sexual harassment (employment, clergy, physician/therapist, academia), gender discrimination, rape, PTSD, reactions to traumatic events/injuries/illness, psych med mal & psych ethics (esp dual relationships), psych reactions to med mal. Relevant publications, trial experience. Pltf or defense. Member, LA County Psychological Assn. Ethics Committee 14 years.
Areas of Expertise
- Child Psychology
- Emotional Trauma
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychology
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- Spousal Abuse
- Testamentary Capacity
- Undue Influence
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: PhD/Clinical Psychology - UCLA; Licensed Psychologist - CA; Diplomate - Forensic Psychology/ABPS
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Psychological Assn; California Psychological Assn; Los Angeles County Psychological Assn; International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies; Member, LACPA Ethics Committee 1991-Present
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Extensive prior speaking experience & workshop leader on trauma, sexual harassment, forensic psychology, therapist sexual misconduct, psych ethics. Also taught psychology at CSUN & supervised at UCLA PhD training clinic.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Approximately 125
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Sexual harassment, gender discrimination, racial discrimination, sexual assault, wrongful termination, personal injury, therapist sexual misconduct and dual relationships, psych damages from med mal, clergy sexual abuse
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: approx 65%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: approx 35%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: approx 75
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 12-9-04
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Approx 125
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 8
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 15
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Evaluation, testing, record review, consulting, lit review, reports, testimony, case strategy re psych issues
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300 per hour for all activities except testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300 for all activities except testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 500 an hour, 4 hour minimum
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 500 an hour, 4 hour minimum, charged for travel time, wait time, time on stand
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Rush processing of psychological test scoring and interpretation by outside services when required by case deadlines; retainer fee (varies between $3500 and 5000) depending on case
Wayne Flick, Esq. and Robert Long, Esq., Partners, Latham & Watkins, Downtown Los Angeles Office
Robert Berke, Esq. Law Offices of Robert Berke
Santa Monica, CA
Paul Kiesel, Esq. Kiesel, Boucher & Larson, Beverly Hills, CA
William Crosby, Esq., Riverside, CA