Dr. McIntyre is a Board Certified Clinical Psychologist with over 25 years of experience. He is among a small percentage (4%) of Licensed Clinical Psychologists who are Board Certified. This means that you are guaranteed that your expert is practicing at the highest professional level in the field.
During his service in the United States Air Force he performed command directed evaluations as well as fitness for duty and security clearance evaluations. He served as a Consultant to the Base Commander and Judge Advocate General's office on matters related to suicide, hostage negotiation, and domestic violence. Dr. McIntyre transferred from the USAF to the United States Public Health Service (USPHS). During his service as an officer in the USPHS, he worked with the Indian Health Service, Federal Bureau of Prisons and the Division of Immigration Health Services. He led behavioral health response teams responding to national and international disasters such as the Indonesian Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Ivan, the Sandy Hook Newtown Connecticut School Shooting, and suicide cluster responses to Indian country. He was highly decorated and named USPHS Psychologist of the Year, the Arizona Suicide Prevention Coalition Trainer of the Year, and received over 30 decorations from the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, and the United States Public Health Service. He retired from active duty at the rank of Captain (O-6) after having provided 30 years of service.
Following his retirement from uniformed service, Dr. McIntyre's private practice focuses on consultation and forensic psychological services. The consultation service focuses behavioral health program development, stress in the workplace, suicide, workplace violence, domestic violence, police/fire/EMS self-care, and veterans court. The forensic service includes evaluation and expert witness testimony. Dr. McIntyre has performed over 800 forensic evaluations (civil and criminal). He has served as an expert witness in Native American Behavioral Health, Forensic Psychology, Suicidology, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Child Custody, and Veteran/Military Psychological Health.
- Forensic Psychology
- Jail Suicide
- Military Mental Health
- Neurodevelopmental Disorder/Disability
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sanity/Competency to Stand Trial
- Testamentary Capacity
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Education/Training:
Residency 1993 - USAF, Wright-Patterson AFB, Dayton, OH
Ph.D. 1992 - California School of Professional Psychology, Fresno, CA
M.A. 1990 - California School of Professional Psychology, Fresno, CA
B.S. 1984 - East Stroudsburg University, E. Stroudsburg, PA
Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Arizona 3679
Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Nevada PY0321
Licensed Clinical Psychologist, California PSY15418
Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Pennsylvania PS-008942L
Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Illinois 071-004913
Diplomate (Board Certified), American Board of Professional Psychology #6343
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Affiliations:
Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Psychology
American Psychological Association
American Board of Forensic Psychology
International Association of Chief's of Police
American Association of Suicidology
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Faculty Appointments:
Suicide Prevention Resource Center, Washington, D.C.
Marywood University, Scranton, PA
Professional School of Psychology, Sacramento, CA
Chapman University, Sacramento, CA
Invited Speaker (2018-2019)
Arizona Suicide Prevention Coalition Annual Conference: Self-Care for Behavioral Health Providers, October 2018
Southwest Behavioral Health Annual Conference: Self-Care for Behavioral Health Providers, October 2018
IHS/Arizona State University Annual Behavioral Health Conference: Self-Care for Behavioral Health Providers, May 2018
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 100
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Expertise:
Competency to Stand Trial
Psychological Trauma (PTSD)
Neuropsychological Assessment of Cognitive Impairment
Adolescent Violence Risk
Fitness for Duty
Serious Mental Illness
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Independent Medical Examinations (IME)
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 35%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 65%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 20
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: May 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Over 50
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Over 40
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Over 20 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Services:
Psychological/Neuropsychological testing and assessments
Expert Witness Testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: No charge for initial consultation
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $ 350.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $ 350.00 - minimum 5 hours
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $ 350.00 - minimum 5 hours
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Per diem for non-local consulting $3,500.00 (up to 10 hours/day) plus business class travel and accommodations.
Suzuki Law Offices, LLC
Richard J. Suzuki, Attorney
2929 E. Camelback Road, Suite 224
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Forrester & Worth PLLC
John Worth, Attorney
2800 N. Central Avenue, Suite 1200
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Law Office of Mark J. Berardoni
Mark J. Berardoni, Attorney
45 W Jefferson Street, Suite 810