David Libert M.D.,FAAFP, specializes in Family Practice Medicine and injuries arising from personal injury accidents. He is licensed in Florida. He will review medical records, identify causation, address standard of care and evaluate the case strengths and weaknesses.
He attended the University of Central Florida and received his B.S. in Biology, Summa Cum Laude in 1978. He attended the University of Florida where he received his M.D. degree in 1982.
He has been a practicing family physician in the Orlando area since 1985. He has held the position of team physician for the Orlando Predators, practicing physician, and medical director at several area medical centers. Currently he is the owner of First Choice Medical Center and is in private family practice.
He has extensive experience in family practice and disability medicine and offers his consulting services to the legal and insurance communities for both the plaintiff and defense cases.
- Family Practice/Family Medicine
- Hospital & Medical Ethics
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Medical Fraud
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Preventive Medicine
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: M.D. University of Florida, Gainesville FL
Medical license in Florida
Diplomate, American Board of Family Practice, 1985 - Re-certified 1991,1997,2003,2013
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians since 1993
Active member in the American Academy of Family Physicians since 1985
Florida Academy of Family Physicians, Member of Board of Directors, 1983-1985
Member, University of Florida College of Medicine Alumni Board of directors, 2004-present
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Community service: Vice Mayor,City of Maitland, FL 2004-2005
City Councilman,City of Maitland,FL 1999-2004
additional positions upon request
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been reviewing medical records for medical malpractice lawsuits for over 15 years.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Medical malpractice
Personal injury cases
Standard of Care issues
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 90%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 10%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 100
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Over 100
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Over 100
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Over 15 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Medical record reviews, peer reviews, Independent Medical Exams, Consultant expert,
Expert witness, report writing, identify causation, address standard of care
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $150- 1/4 hour telephone conference
$600/ hour for in-house conference, minimum 1 hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500/hour to review medical records, prepayment $1000 retainer fee.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $700/hour deposition, minimum 1 hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $3200/half day trial testimony. $5500 per full day for a trial in Orlando, FL. to include Orange and Seminole Counties.
If outside of Central Florida to be discussed prior to testimony.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel fees on a case by case basis if traveling outside of Central Florida.
Copy fees are charged by an outside copy service, if needed. If staying overnight, hotel and a diem for food would be requested.All fees are to be prepaid. Cancellation fees to be discussed.
90 Southside Ave
PO Box 769
Asheville NC 28802
3515 DelPrado Blvd,Suite 101
Cape Coral FL 33904
500 Madison Ave, Suite 200
Toledo OH 43604