Delta Economic Advisors provides calculation of losses (damages), reports and expert testimony in personal injury, wrongful death, employment and commercial matters.
We are forensic economists-that is, LEGAL DAMAGES EXPERTS. We are hired by, and consult with attorneys about their cases in litigation, and who may be deposed and testify in court about our determinations. We calculate and develop reasoned and reasonable opinions about economic losses, that is, legal damages, including such items as:
• Loss of earnings;
• Loss of job-related fringe benefits and Pensions;
• Loss of financial support;
• Loss of household services (for example, childcare, housework, etc.); and
• Determining present values for Life Care Plans for persons who have been severely injured.
- Lost Profits
- Personal Injury
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Columbia Business School, New York, NY
MBA, May 1994.
Concentration in Finance.
Honors: Beta Gamma Sigma; Dean’s List.
New York University: Stern School of Business, New York, NY
BS, May 1991. Major in Economics.
New York Law School, New York, NY
JD, June 1997.
Admissions: NY & NJ.
Honors: Articles Editor, New York Law School Law Review; 3 year full tuition merit scholarship
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: President (Current): Collegium of Pecuniary Damages Experts
Vice-President (2018-2019): Collegium of Pecuniary Damages Experts
Member: National Association of Forensic Economics
Member: American Academy of Economic and Financial Experts
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 200+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Personal Injury;
Wrongful Termination, Failure to Hire, and Other Employment Litigation Matters;
Valuation of Life Care Plans (LCPs); and
Breach of Contract and Other Commercial Matters
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 10+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 6+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 6+
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 7+
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert Reports;
Depositions & Testifying; and
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: At Delta Economics we offer flat-rate pricing for most all reports.
Reports include analysis, discussion and conclusion as to lost wages, pension/benefits and household services. NJ Reports include income tax adjustments and reduction to present value, as well as, lost companionship and advice & counsel, if appropriate. Life-Care Plan Valuations. Personal Injury. Wrongful Death. Wrongful Termination and other Employment matters.
$1,700 for NY Reports
$1,900 for NJ Reports
Most reports can be completed within two week’s time. Inquire if rush service is possible.
Please provide us with the completed questionnaire to be found on our website,
a copy of the Complaint, Answers to Interrogatories, Depositions and Earnings Information, as appropriate.
Additional work is billed at $275/hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: Usually a Flat Rate is Quoted to prepare a written Report.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $325
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $325
Donald Burke, Esq.
45 Gale Road
Brick, NJ 08723
Thomas Cappello, Esq.
Slater, Sgarlato & Cappello, P.C.
1298 Victory Boulevard
Staten Island, NY 10301
Charles Crocco, Esq.
Nelson, Fromer, Crocco & Jordon
2300 Route 66, Suite 102
P.O. Box 279
Neptune, NJ 07754
Robert C. Fernicola, Esq.
ESCANDON, FERNICOLA, ANDERSON & COVELLI
301 Main Street, Suite 3
Allenhurst, NJ 07711
Brian W. McAlindin, Esq.
Bathgate, Wegener & Wolf, P.C.
One Airport Road
Lakewood, NJ 08701