DM Bekus specializes in residential construction defects and concerns. With a NJ building inspector license and over 30 years of experience a wealth of knowledge is brought to each case. Reports are amply illustrated and cite building codes, industry standards, contract and plan specifications. Construction cost estimates, client concerns, corrective measures and suggestions are incorporated into the reports as requested or done separately.
DM Bekus has experience in renovations, new construction, roof issues, water issues, cultured stone framing, siding, concrete, ceramic tile and most components of any residential structure. DM Bekus is not only retained to document and discover issues but to solve problems.
- Brick & Stone
- Building Codes
- Construction Damages
- Construction Insurance
- Construction Site
- Contractor's Licensing
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: NJ Building code license RCS, ICS, HHS. Builders license, College graduate
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 100+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Construction defects, code compliance, construction corrections, liability of parties, standards of care
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 90
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 10
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 15
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, site inspections, contract and plan specification review
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 175.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 175.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 250.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 250.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: charge travel one within 150 miles, greater distance upon agreement.
Tom Harty – The Harty law Group
325 Chestnut St # 1116, Philadelphia, PA 19106
We retained Dave to serve as an expert in complex construction litigation involving a national builder. We requested Dave address multiple construction defects for 24 separate homes, as well as community wide issues with ground water and an improperly designed and implemented storm water system. Dave did an extraordinary job. His report was excellent, and the jury was very complimentary of his performance when we interviewed them post-trial. We certainly would use Dave again in any case we may have and give him the highest recommendation.
H. Benjamin Sharlin –Law Office of H. Benjamin Sharlin LLC
4 Princess Rd Building 200, Suite 204, Trenton, NJ 08648
Dave Bekus has served as a construction expert in several of my cases. He is very knowledgeable and hardworking and has a thorough understanding of construction law litigation, both in the consumer and commercial setting. I highly recommend him.
David T. Wright, Esq. The Wright Law Firm, LLC
928 N Main St, Stafford Township, NJ 08050
I have used Dave on a slew of cases, and he has been instrumental in assisting my clients obtain damage settlements well into the six figures. His professionalism and work-ethic ensure that deadlines are met, and no time or money is wasted."
John B. Williams
1200 New Hampshire Avenue, N.W. Suite 750
Washington, D.C. 20036
I have practiced over 40 years—and David Bekus is perhaps the best expert witness I have ever worked with. He is knowledgeable, creative, and dedicated--a true pleasure to have on a trial team. Dave cared deeply about the case and would never hesitate to assist in any way he could. He was also a huge hit with the jurors—bringing both expertise and humor to the courtroom.