Retired ATF Special Agent and member of the Federal senior executive service with thirty years law enforcement and government experience. Expertise in firearms, arson, and explosives investigations.
Recognized as a subject matter expert in law enforcement best practices, firearms technology, crime gun intelligence, and leadership during crisis. He has consulted globally, providing expertise on investigations, ballistics identification technology, special operations, and law enforcement policy and procedure.
An experienced expert witness, dedicated to ensuring equal access and application of expertise in support of the ‘Rule of Law.’
- Deadly/Excessive Force
- Firearms & Ballistics
- Police Procedures
- Private Investigators
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Masters of Strategic Studies -- United States Army War College
Bachelors Degree -- Columbia College
Tennessee Licensed Private Investigator #9201
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Basic | Intermediate | Advanced | Leadership | Supervisory | Management
Firearms | Arson | Explosives | Undercover Operations| Tactics | Advanced Explosives Post Blast Investigations | Characteristics of Armed Gunmen
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
Basic | Advanced Criminal Investigations | Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Advanced Explosives Post Blast Investigations | High Threat Overseas Operations
Drug Enforcement Administration
Department of Homeland Security
Weapons of Mass Destruction Scene Management | Weapons of Mass Destruction Hazardous Material Evidence Collection
United States Department of Justice
Complex Investigations | Firearms Interdiction Technical Assistance
Bureau of Justice Assistance
Counter Terrorism Intelligence Officer
Office of National Drug Control Policy – High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area
Informant Management | Operations & Fiduciary Responsibility
Office of the Director for National Intelligence
Instructor National Human Intelligence Collaboration
Federal Office of Personnel Management
Federal Career Senior Executive Service
Advanced Training School Extremist and Terrorist Threats
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Prevention and Response to Suicide Bombing Incidents | Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings
Southeastern Public Safety Institute
Criminal Street Gangs | Conspiracy Investigations
John E. Reid and Associates
Street Crime Investigations | The Reid Technique of Interviewing and Interrogation
Defense Security Cooperation University
Senior Executive Advisor Seminar
Joint Special Operations University
Combined / Joint Special Operations Component Commanders Course
Defense Acquisitions University
Program Leadership | Integrated Risk Management
University of Texas Health Science Center
Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic
United States Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School
Qualified – Special Forces Non-Commissioned Officer | Special Forces Advanced Urban Combat
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member -- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Retained Expert -- National Policing Institute
Fellow -- Arthur D. Simons Center for Ethical Leadership and Interagency Cooperation
Member -- ATF Association
Life Member -- United States Army War College Foundation
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: U.S. Embassy Baghdad, Iraq, U.S. Department of State
Law Enforcement Tactics, Techniques and Procedures | Mentor | Instructor | Leadership
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Firearms and Tactics Instructor | Lecturer on leadership in crises for law enforcement.
National Human Intelligence Collaboration Course, Office of the Director for National Intelligence
Instructor on Human Intelligence and Confidential Source Management and Collaboration.
International Law Enforcement Academy, U.S. Department of State
Instructor and mentor | Weapons Proliferation | Firearms Trafficking Investigations | Leadership
Multiple Multi-Media Press Engagements
Firearms, Arson and Explosives Investigations | Crime Gun Intelligence | Crisis Communications.
Bureau of Justice Assistance
Subject Matter Expert and Presenter for Regional Crime Gun Intelligence Center Training
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Fall 2021
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Rule 26
Deposition and Review
Support for Counsel
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Initial consultation is at no charge. Retainer required for work to begin.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $200
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: Deposition participation and testimony are billed at a flat daily rate of $1000.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Trial Testimony / Court Appearance are billed at a flat daily rate of $2000.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel is $100 per hour door to door, capped at $500.00 per day, billed separately from the retainer.
Flights over 2.5 hours-Business or First Class.
Premium Accommodations-Hotel or Airbnb- billed separately from the retainer.
Per-Diem $ 129 per day-billed separately from the retainer.
Former United States Attorney for Western District of Washington
Partner at Orrick Herrington and Sutcliffe
401 Union Street, Suite 3300
Former United States Attorney for District of Hawaii
Managing Counsel at Epic Games
620 Crossroads Blvd.,
Former United States Attorney for District of Oregon
Partner at Best, Best and Krieger
360 SW Bond St. Suite 400