Dr. Dale C. Newton
Orlando, FL 32824
Dr. Newton is a Board-Certified Diagnostic Radiologist with specialized Fellowship training in NeuroRadiology. He has over 30 years of practical experience and training in a variety of practice situations, including solo and group hospital-based practice, the military, VA-style, academic/university, and free-standing outpatient imaging centers. To date, almost all of his medico-legal consultation work has been on the behalf of the plaintiff attorney; however, he has been retained by (and enjoys working with) defense attorneys and their clients.
He is competent in all areas of Diagnostic Radiology including, MRI, CT Scan, Mammography, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, and Plain Films.
Dr. Newton is the coauthor of a self-published book entitled, E-Discovery Nuts and Bolts: The Essentials of Electronic Discovery for Healthcare Professionals
Dr Newton has an interest in Number Theory and Data Compression, Statistics and Data Analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, Computer Hardware/Software, and Medical Imaging Devices. He holds two US patents and is retired from the U.S. Navy.
His hobbies include reading the Bible, playing chess, swimming, and listening to music.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Intangible Assets Appraisal
- Mathematical Sciences
- Nuclear Medicine
- Real Estate Valuation
- Residential Real Estate
- Retail Real Estate
- Shopping Center/Mall Real Estate
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Roentgen Ray Society (past member)
West Coast (Florida) Radiology Society (past member)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Toastmasters International -- different topics and subjects
Occasional speaker at local County Medical Society - - eDiscovery
330PIE® Intangible Property Valuation Method Related to Real Estate - - pending speaking engagement
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: at least 30 times
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: NeuroRadiology, MRI, CT, Mammography, Contrast Media, Plain Film, Ultrasound
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 90%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: < 5%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: at least 30 times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: May, 2020
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Unknown
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Three (3) trial appearances
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, review of medicolegal records, provide medicolegal professional opinions, Nexus Medical Opinion Letter
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Air travel, rental car, hotel expenses, photocopy/fax services, telephone,
Plaintiff Atty Reference:
Atty Matthew F. Minno
Department of Management Services
Office of the General Counsel
4050 Esplanade Way, Suite 160
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0950
Defendant Atty Reference:
Atty Kenneth Hamburg
Asst Regional Counsel, 5th District, State of FL
101 Sunnytown Road, Suite 310
Casselberry, FL 32707