My experience across the industry has provided qualifications in claims handling, bad faith, duty to defend, insurer/agency issues, underwriting, financial, property, worker's compensation and others. Former insurance and reinsurance company executive providing services as expert witness, arbitrator/umpire, mediator, and special projects.
I have provided services in 24 states, and testified in numerous state and federal courts. Have been served as arbitrator and umpire in over 30 disuptes in insurance/reinsurance; insurer/managing general agency, and insurer/agent arbitrations. Take cases on both sides-and decline on both as well. Have also servied in insurer vs. insurer disputes.
See website for testimonials and list of publications.
Areas of Expertise
- Bad Faith
- Business Valuation
- Fire Insurance
- Insurance Adjuster
- Insurance Agency
- Insurance Agent/Broker
- Insurance Customs & Practices
- Insurance Excess & Surplus Lines
- Insurance Fraud
- Liability Insurance
- Property & Casualty Insurance
- Risk Management
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter, Associate in Reinsurance, MBA, ARIAS-US Certified Arbitrator Insurance/Reinsurance
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: CPCU Society, ARIAS-US
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Taught several insurance courses at universities; speaker at numerous seminars on insurance/reinsurance/agency subjects
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 325+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Bad faith, underwriting, property, construction defect, agency/insurer, duty of primary to excess, casualty, loss adjusting, umbrella, excess/surplus, reinsurance, worker's compensation, insolvency, industry standards
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 45%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 55%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 60
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: January 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Numerous
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 30
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 16
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Document review, research, testimony, consulting, arbitration, mediation, special projects such as underwriting or due diligence audits
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Reasonable actual expenses incurred
References upon request.