Since 2010, the President and Managing Member of CLM Engineering Associates, LLC, which concentrates its focus on forensic engineering/expert witness work for the insurance industry and legal community. In addition, we offer construction management, civil engineering and building inspection services.
Extensive construction management experience on both commercial and residential projects. Performed safety inspections on both civilian and military projects through application of OSHA regulations. Designed drainage systems for the government while an officer with the United States military. Cost estimating for various projects exceeding $500 million. Design document creation and management of high-rise construction in Manhattan. marketplace. Management of telecommunications projects for Verizon in Manhattan including CPM schedule creation and updating.
Directed and managed all water distribution system and sewer system work while working as a contractor to the New York City Department of Design and Construction. Forensic work related to evaluation of structural steel systems with commercial building construction and insurance-related claims due to storm damage on commercial and residential structures.
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Building Codes
- Building Contractor Liability
- Civil Engineering
- Fire & Life Safety
- Home Inspections
- Human Factors Engineering
- Land Use & Zoning
- Premises Liability
- Professional Engineering
- Property Management
- Residential Real Estate
- Risk Management
- Safety Engineering
- Slip, Trip & Fall
- Structural Engineering
- Traffic/Highway Safety
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MS in Construction Administration-Columbia University
BS Civil Engineering-University of Maine
MBA, University of Bridgeport
Graduate, US Army Engineering Officer School
Graduate, RESTORE Architectural Preservation Course
HUD/203k Certified Inspector
Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Connecticut and State of New Jersey
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Academy of Forensic Engineers, Correspondent
Connecticut Society of Civil Engineers, Member
American Society of Civil Engineers, Member
National Society of Professional Engineers, Member
American Society of Safety Engineers, Member
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Professional Engineering and Fundamentals of Engineering Review Courses
Online and Live Pumping Stations Engineering Course for Professional Engineering Continuing Education
Continuing Education Seminars such as NYC Building Code Revision Review
Continuing Education Seminar Series regarding the Forensic Engineering Process
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 100 +
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Construction Accidents
Slips,Trips and/or Falls
ADA Compliance Issues
Storm Damage Cases
Cost Estimating Consulting
Standard of Care of Behalf of Contractors and/or Design Professionals
Construction Management Oversight
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 18
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: May 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 6
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Forensic engineering consulting
Design engineering services (on a limited basis)
Construction loan monitoring services
Site safety evaluations
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $295
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $295
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $295 in all cases excluding providing video testimony whereby the rate is $415
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $295
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel time is to be billed at the current hourly rate of $295
Black & White copies are $0.15 per page while color copies are billed at $0.70 per page
Mileage expenses are billed at the current per mile rate as set forth by the IRS with respect to business miles
All other transportation expenses are to be discussed (especially when an overnight stay is required)
Brandon J. Broderick, Attorney at Law
65 East Route 4
River Edge, NJ 07661
Attn: Mr. Kevin E. Kruse, Esq.
Contact Number: 201-853-1505
Braach Eichler, LLC
101 Eisenhower Parkway
Roseland, NJ 07068
Attn: Mr. Corey A. Dietz, Esq.
Contact number: 973-364-5213
Cooper Levenson, Attorneys at Law
1125 Atlantic Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Attn: Ms. Amy Rudley, Esq.
Contact Number:(609) 572-7408
Markey Barrett, PC
One Monarch Place
1414 Main Street, Suite 830
Springfield, MA 01144
Attn: Mr. Patrick Markey, Esq
Contact Number: 413-273-7362
Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante, P.C.
52 Trumbull Street
New Haven, CT 06510
Attn: Mr. Brendan J. Keefe, Esq.
Contact Number: 203-787-0275