Vastly Experienced Police Expert. Over 31 years as a Los Angeles Police Officer. Trained / Taught new officers, in the field, for 24 years in all facets of Police work. Including Use of Force and Use of Deadly Force. Personally involved in over 40 Uses of Force as well as being present at approximately 100 more.
Expert in Vehicle Pursuits, having been involved in and receiving yearly training in pursuits. As well as training new officers in Vehicle Pursuit Tactics. Extensive experience in both High and Low Risk Vehicle Stops, Pedestrian Stops, Restraint Options, Detentions and Arrests. Trained in Immediate Action Rapid Deployment Tactics (School Shootings, Workplace Violence, etc.).
Worked L.A.P.D. C.R.A.S.H. (Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums) Gang unit. Attended California Gang Investigators Assoc. and U.S. Department of Treasury Bureau ATF, 30-hour, National Gang Conference (prison and street gangs training). Worked undercover in Narcotics Field Enforcement Section. Court qualified and department certified expert in Narcotics and Gangs. Testified in approximately 50 Preliminary Hearings and Trials. Worked as L.A.P.D Employee Representative involved in over 50 Divisional and Internal Affairs investigations/ interviews.
Expertise in Intimate Partner Violence and Child Abuse, having personally handled over 100 Child Abuse investigations. Further Expertise in Sexual Assault, Certified Reliable Informants and Surveillance. Worked, undercover in numerous Prostitution task forces as well as Massage Parlors, Alcohol Beverage Control enforcement and Gambling locations.
Trained in Mobile Field Force/ Crowd Control/ Civil Unrest/ Riot Tactics as well as being involved in the 1992 Los Angeles Riots and several other episodes of Civil Unrest. Expertise in General Police Procedure, Community Based Policing, Patrol Car, Bicycle, and Foot beat tactics. Including Evidence Preservation and Chain of Custody. Worked as Federal Consent Decree Coordinator for West Valley Division, ensuring compliance. California Licensed Private Investigator (License # PI189147)
- Child Abuse
- Crowd Control
- Deadly/Excessive Force
- Drug Enforcement
- Inadequate/Negligent Security
- Law Enforcement
- Police Procedures
- Spousal Abuse
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Certification by California Commission on Peace Officers Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.). California Licensed Private Investigator (License # PI189147). Court Qualified and Department Certified Expert in Narcotics and Gangs.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Los Angeles Police Protective League
Bureau of Security and Investigative Services
Commission on Peace Officers Standards and Training
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Certified as Field Training Officer in 1997, Trained/ Taught (for 24 years) over 100 Probationary Officers in all aspects of Police Work. Including but not limited to General Police Policies and Procedures, Defensive Tactics, Use of Force, Officer Safety, Gangs, Narcotics, Vice, Career Survival, Child Abuse and Juvenile Investigations.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Four
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Use of Force, Police Pursuits, Crowd control and Police Practices
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 25%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 75%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Once
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: January 2023
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2-3
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Numerous times over a 31-year career
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Training, Expert Witness Opinions, Rule 26 Reports, Document Review, Private Investigations, Security Risk Assessment and Criminal Defense Consulting.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: First consultation free. $3000.00 Retainer fee
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300 Per Hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400 Per Hour. With a four hour minimum.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400 Per Hour. With a four hour minimum.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel Expenses will be covered in a Retention Contract. These will be based on the standard government rate. All flights over 2 hours will be Business Class.
Allyson Oishi-Law Firm of Everett Dorey 949-771-9233
Dan Anello- Law Firm of Devaney, Pate, Morris & Cameron 619-354-5030
Maxwell Schrieffer-Law Firm of PK Schrieffer 626-373-2444