TRAFFIC ACCIDENT RECONSTRUCTION Analyses involving automobiles, trucks, buses, trains, motorcycles, bicycles and pedestrians. Time-Speed-Position analyses, human factors, biomechanics, Delta-V, scene assessments, crash data retrieval, visibility, highway design issues, occupant dynamics, seat belts, air bags, vehicle crashworthiness, product liability, collision causation, avoidance & prevention.
Mr. Gayner has 30 years of accident reconstruction experience with more than 1200 cases. He has testified approximately 300 times as an expert witness throughout California and the United States. Mr. Gayner holds a Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of California and he has completed approximately 35 specialized courses and seminars relevant to his areas of expertise. Mr. Gayner has full ACTAR accreditation as a traffic accident reconstructionist.
Typical case retention includes: review of traffic accident report, photos, discovery & other documentation, vehicle & scene inspections, crash data retrieval, photographic documentation, reconstruction analysis, discovery assistance & review, client consultations, computer animations or simulations (if desired or necessary), report preparation, exhibit preparation, deposition & trial testimony.
Civil & Criminal Cases. Plaintiff or Defense.
CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION OR INITIAL CONSULTATION.
Quality and Experience with Integrity
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Driver Behavior
- Human Factors Engineering
- Seat Belts & Air Bags
- Traffic/Highway Safety
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: ACTAR (Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstructionists)
Master Of Science, Mechanical Engineering, University of California
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Montana State University
Certified Data Analyst & Technician for Bosch Crash Data Retrieval (CDR)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: ACTAR Certified - Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction
Society of Automotive Engineers
Society of Accident Reconstructionists
NAPARS - National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists
CAARS - California Association of Accident Reconstruction Specialists
ARC - Accident Reconstruction Network
AAAM - Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Teaching Assistant, UCSB Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
California Association of Licensed Investigators, Accident Reconstruction Seminar
Santa Barbara Trial Lawyers, Accident Reconstruction Seminar
Extensive Deposition and Courtroom Experience
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More Than 1200 Cases
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Accident Reconstruction, occupant kinematics and dynamics, restraint systems (seat belts and airbags), biomechanics, human factors.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approx. 50 percent
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approx. 50 percent
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: More than 250 times.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Approximately 100 trials.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Approximately 100 times.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Thirty.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert Witness Consulting & Testimony. Including: Case Analysis and Consultations, Expert Reports, Vehicle Inspections, Site Inspections, Crash Data Retrieval, Exhibit Preparation, Photography.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $295
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $295
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $395
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $395
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Technical Support $175/hour
Other Expenses @ Cost (plus 10% optional)