Dr. Christian H. Mongrain, is a healthcare expert witness with expansive clinical and leadership experience in the acute hospital, rehab, skilled nursing and outpatient settings. He has been a member of several interdisciplinary teams responsible for performing root cause analysis following incidents occurring in these settings, and instrumental in creating trainings, policies, and procedures to prevent future injury to patients and employees. Dr. Mongrain applies his expertise to forensic casework to investigate incidents occurring in healthcare settings to determine if the standard of care was provided.
Over the past two decades, Dr. Mongrain has directed therapies at several acute hospitals including a top-10-nationally-ranked health system, three CARF certified acute inpatient rehab facilities, three skilled nursing facilities, and several outpatient therapy clinics. Dr. Mongrain continues to practice as a physical therapist in the acute hospital setting.
Dr. Mongrain received his Doctor of Physical Therapy from Arcadia University, and both his Master of Physical Therapy and Bachelor of Science in Public Health Education from Temple University.
Areas of Expertise
- Hospital Administration
- Nursing Homes
- Physical Therapy
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Doctor of Physical Therapy
Master of Physical Therapy
Bachelor of Science, Public Health Education
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Physical Therapy Association
Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Association
Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: CLE presentation at NJDA 51st Annual Conference, Title: Assessing Quality of Care in Healthcare Litigation
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Patient Falls, Patient Handling, Hoyer Lifts, Hoyer Lift Slings, Wheelchair Transfers, Patient Transport, Standard of Care
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 80
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 20
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: April 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
References upon request.