Dr. Christian H. Mongrain, is a healthcare expert witness with expansive clinical and leadership experience in the acute hospital, rehab, skilled nursing and outpatient settings. He has been a member of several interdisciplinary teams responsible for performing root cause analysis following incidents occurring in these settings, and instrumental in creating trainings, policies, and procedures to prevent future injury to patients and employees. Dr. Mongrain applies his expertise to forensic casework to investigate incidents occurring in healthcare settings to determine if the standard of care was provided.
Over the past two decades, Dr. Mongrain has directed therapies at several acute hospitals including a top-10-nationally-ranked health system, three CARF certified acute inpatient rehab facilities, three skilled nursing facilities, and several outpatient therapy clinics. Dr. Mongrain continues to practice as a physical therapist in the acute hospital setting.
Dr. Mongrain received his Doctor of Physical Therapy from Arcadia University, and both his Master of Physical Therapy and Bachelor of Science in Public Health Education from Temple University.
- Hospital Administration
- Medical Devices
- Nursing Homes
- Physical Therapy
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Doctor of Physical Therapy
Master of Physical Therapy
Bachelor of Science, Public Health Education
Certified Healthcare Environmental Manager
Licensed and Practicing Physical Therapy in Pennsylvania
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Physical Therapy Association
Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Association
Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
RESNA Standards Committee on Wheelchairs and Transportation
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: CLE presentation at NJDA 51st Annual Conference, Title: Assessing Quality of Care in Healthcare Litigation
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 80
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Patient Falls, Patient Handling, Hoyer Lifts, Hoyer Lift Slings, Wheelchair Safety, Patient Transport, Standard of Care, Environment of Care, HIPAA
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 75
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 25
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 6
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: August 2020
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 3
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 4
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Document Review, Analysis, Consulting, Investigation, Site Inspection, Product Inspection, Affidavit, Certificate of Merit, Report, Testimony
References upon request.