Christian H. Mongrain, MPT, is a healthcare expert witness with expansive clinical and leadership experience in the acute hospital, rehab, skilled nursing and outpatient settings. He has been a member of several interdisciplinary teams responsible for performing root cause analysis following incidents occurring in these settings, and instrumental in creating trainings, policies, and procedures to prevent future injury to patients and employees. Mr. Mongrain applies his expertise to forensic casework to investigate incidents occurring in healthcare settings to determine if the standard of care was provided.
Over the past two decades, Mr. Mongrain has directed therapies at several acute hospitals including a top-10-nationally-ranked health system, three CARF certified acute inpatient rehab facilities, three skilled nursing facilities, and several outpatient therapy clinics. Mr. Mongrain continues to practice as a physical therapist in the acute hospital setting.
Mr. Mongrain graduated from Temple University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health Education and a Master’s degree in Physical Therapy and is a Doctorate Candidate in Physical Therapy at Arcadia University
Areas of Expertise
- Hospital Administration
- Nursing Homes
- Physical Therapy
- Wound Care/Pressure Sores
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BS
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Physical Therapy Association
Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: CLE presentation at NJDA 51st Annual Conference, Title: Assessing Quality of Care in Healthcare Litigation
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Patient Falls, Patient Handling, Hoyer Lifts, Hoyer Lift Slings, Wheelchair Transfers, Patient Transport, Standard of Care
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 80
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 20
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
References upon request.