I am a board certified OB/GYN with 27 years of clinical experience, with expertise in birth injuries, fetal monitoring, HIE/cerebral palsy, shoulder dystocia, and gynecologic operative injuries. I am an assistant professor/health sciences clinical instructor at the UC San Diego School of Medicine. I am familiar with the current literature pertaining to all areas of obstetrics and gynecology. I am honest, articulate, credible, and jury friendly. I perform work for both plaintiff and defendant.
Areas of Expertise
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B.S. - Cornell University 1976
M.D. - New York Medical College 1980
OB/GYN Residency - UC San Diego Medical Center 1984
Board Certification - American Board of OB/GYN - 2017 (renewed annually)
Diplomat - American College of OB/GYN
Medical License - California 2017 (current)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Assistant Professor - UC San Diego School of Medicine
Health Sciences Clinical Instructor - UC San Diego School of Medicine
Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) - top 15% of medical school class
Cornell Alumni Ambassador Association Network (CAAAN)
UC San Diego Mentor Program for pre-med students
CMO: Medvec International GmbH
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Assistant Professor/Health Sciences Clinical Instructor - UC San Diego School of Medicine
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 200
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Birth injuries, Shoulder dystocia, Fetal monitoring, Cerebral palsy, Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy, Discordant twins, Amniotic fluid embolism, Vasa previa, Obstetrical complications, Gynecological surgical injuries, Tubal ligation failures, Obstetrical related DIC, Motor vehicle accidents pertaining to obstetrical sequelae, Peer review
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 65
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 35
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 4
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 4
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Record review and evaluation to formulate my opinion as an expert, deposition and court testimony. I provide a succinct written summary of my evaluation and expert opinion if requested. I also perform peer review to assess the competency of colleagues, as requested by hospital medical staffs.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $4000 half day
$6000 full day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $1000 per day plus travel expenses for out of area testimony
Vito de la Cruz
2200 112th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
Johnson, Voorhees & Martucci
510 W. 6th Street
Joplin, MO 64801