Britta M. Moss, CPCU, SCLA, AIC-M is a Property & Casualty Claim Consultant and Expert Witness with nearly 25 years of experience in the insurance industry. She has been retained in both insurer defense and plaintiff cases in multiple states. Her key strengths include claim handling best practices, industry standards and coverage analysis. Britta brings a conscientious, objective, and detail-oriented approach to her analysis without losing sight of the big picture.
Britta is highly experienced in management of bad faith, extra-contractual and other E&O exposures. Her background includes property and casualty claims handling, supervision, training and management for a wide-range of personal and commercial lines exposures including: auto damage, homeowner losses, & commercial property; bodily injury, personal injury & property damage liability; commercial general liability; uninsured/underinsured motorists, medical payments, personal injury protection. Britta also has experience in a number of other areas, including: vendor management, surety bonds, class action management, claim system vetting and implementation, and project management. Britta has been involved in claim matters nationwide.
Areas of Expertise
- Auto Insurance
- Bad Faith
- Homeowner's Insurance
- Insurance Adjuster
- Insurance Customs & Practices
- Liability Insurance
- Property & Casualty Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: CPCU- Charted Property & Casualty Underwriter
SCLA- Senior Claims Law Associate
AIC-M- Associate in Claims Management
AIC- Associate in Claims
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: CPCU Society
AAIMCo (American Association of Insurance Management Consultants)
Society of Claims Law Associates
Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Multiple presentations on claim handling and bad faith litigation.
Association for Justice: Ohio, Central Ohio, Summit & Stark County (OH)
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 30-35
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Claim handling practice, procedure, industry standards.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: approx 40%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: approx 60%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 9
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: August 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: never disqualified
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: once
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 4 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reports, testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 175/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 175/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 200/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 200/hr
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: 75/hr travel
Available Upon Request