Britta is a graduate of The Ohio State University and a 20+ year veteran of the Property & Casualty insurance industry. Her industry experience ranges from front-line claim handling through corporate-level management. She has handled and overseen thousands of Bodily Injury, Property Damage, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist, Medical Payments, PIP, Commercial Property and Commercial General Liability claims, including large loss & serious injury/fatality exposures, complex coverage issues, and bad faith litigation. She has been retained as an expert witness in both insurer defense and plaintiff cases. Britta holds the CPCU, AIC-M, and SCLA designations and has been involved in claim matters nationwide.
Areas of Expertise
- Auto Insurance
- Bad Faith
- Homeowner's Insurance
- Insurance Adjuster
- Insurance Customs & Practices
- Liability Insurance
- Property & Casualty Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: CPCU- Charted Property & Casualty Underwriter
SCLA- Senior Claims Law Associate
AIC-M- Associate in Claims Management
AIC- Associate in Claims
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: CPCU Society
AAIMCo (American Association of Insurance Management Consultants)
Society of Claims Law Associates
Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Multiple presentations on claim handling and bad faith litigation.
Association for Justice: Ohio, Central Ohio, Summit & Stark County (OH)
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Claim handling practice, procedure, industry standards.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: approx 20%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: approx 80%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 7
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: July 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: once
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: once
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: about 3 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reports, testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 175/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 175/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 200/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 200/hr
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: 75/hr travel
Available Upon Request