Board-Certified, Fellowship-Trained and actively practicing orthopedic spine surgeon, completing over 200 spine cases annually of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. Clinical practice is fully dedicated to the diagnosis and surgical treatment of spinal conditions. Available to provide expert opinion, testimony, or medical-legal consultation in all areas of spine surgery, including cases of orthopedic spine and neurosurgical cases. Extensive experience in standard of care, causation, damages, and need for future care regarding spinal injuries. Provides expert testimony for Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation, Medical Malpractice, and cases of Physician Competence, including depositions and testinomy in both plaintiff and defense cases for malpractice matters. Thorough imaging review (xray, MRI, CT scan) and expedited turnaround will be provided as needed. Has reviewed an extensive breadth of medical-legal matters as they relate to spinal injuries and surgery, and provided written opinion in well over 150 cases nationwide.
Dr. Bjerke has trained in all areas of spinal surgery at top institutions around the country, including minimally invasive spine surgery, cervical disorders, degenerative spinal conditions, trauma and post-traumatic conditions, tumor, infection, as well as complex and revision spine surgery. He has trained with all cutting edge and leading surgical technologies, including intraoperative neuromonitoring, neurophysiology, minimal access surgery techniques, stereotactic computer-aided navigation, and motion-preserving procedures. In addition to several authored publications in Spine, The Spine Journal, and many other peer-reviewed journals, he has shared his research in over 30 national and international meeting presentations.
Reviews of the evidence are always honest, and opinions defensible. Legal counsel references available. Visit expertspinesurgeon.com for further information.
- Laser Surgery
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Personal Injury
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Spine Surgery
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons, Board Certification (valid through 2028)
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 150
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: All areas of spine surgery, including causation, post-surgical complications, surgical indications, and aftercare.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: IME, imaging review (xray, MRI, CT scan), expert opinion on standard of care, causation, damages, and need for future care regarding spinal injuries.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Fee schedule provided upon request.
Available Upon Request