Dr. Ashley Leak Bryant is an actively practicing registered nurse. She is an expert clinician, educator, and researcher with more than 20 years of clinical experience and is a Distinguished Professor in Nursing. She is dually certified as an oncology and gerontological nurse. She has worked in a continuing care retirement community, three large academic medical cancer centers, home health, and a hospice home.
Notably, she is a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing and Fellow in the Gerontological Society of America.
Her primary specialty has been oncology and palliative care since 2003. Dr. Bryant has an active clinical practice. Her current and past clinical RN experiences include a continuing care retirement community, three large academic medical cancer centers, home health, and hospice. She has managed care of adults and older adults with cancer who require palliative care, symptom management, and psychosocial support to enhance their quality of life.
Dr. Bryant has extensive leadership, education, and research abilities. She has performed legal review for the past 10 years. Dr. Bryant is experienced in medical record review and deposition for both the plaintiff and defense.
- Education & Schools
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Long Term Care
- Palliative Care
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Gillings School of Global Public Health, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
PhD in Nursing, School of Nursing,The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
MSN-Nursing Administration, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
BSN, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Interdisciplinary Certificate in Aging, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Gerontological Certified Nurse
Oncology Certified Nurse
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Nurses Association
American Society of Hematology
North Carolina Nurses Association
Oncology Nursing Society
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Extensive, please review CV
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Several
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Extensive, please call or email for more information.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Several
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting/Consultation
Review of records
Reports of findings and opinions
Consultation to attorneys
Available Upon Request