Pension Plan consulting actuary with 40+ years of experience. Had third party administration (TPA) and actuarial firm serving 650 pension, profit sharing and 401k plans. Sold firm in 2016 and have completed transition of clients to new owner. Now doing expert witness work for all actuarial areas, specializing in qualified and non-qualified retirement plans under ERISA law. Have FSA and EA actuarial designations. FSA is the highest educational designation for actuaries. EA is enrolled actuary, which allows certification of pension plan valuations. Also have other actuarial designations. Have presented numerous seminars to CPA, Financial Planning and Estate Planning groups on current pension plan developments and creative plan design. I also help family law attorneys with marital dissolution calculations and QDRO reviews, as well as personal injury attorneys with actuarial value calculations of projected lost income, and estate planning attorneys with actuarial present value calculations. I also do mediation of retirement plan disputes.
- Actuary - Actuarial
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Trusts & Estates
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Fellow, Society of Actuaries FSA
Fellow, Conference of Consulting Actuaries FCA
Enrolled Actuary: Joint Board of Actuaries EA
Member, American Academy of Actuaries MAAA
Accredited Pension Administrator APA
Agent License for Life, Annuity and Health Insurance
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries ASPPA
American Conference of Pension Actuaries ACOPA
National Institute of Pension Administrators NIPA
Western Pension and Benefits Conference WP&BC
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I have presented numerous seminars to CPA, Investment and Estate Planning Groups on Creative Retirement Plan Design, Current Retirement Plan Developments, and Life Insurance Rules in Qualified Retirement Plans
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 10-12
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: All Pension, Profit Sharing and 401k Plan Issues
Life Expectancy calculations and reports
Divorce calculations and QDROs
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death calculations
Estate and Trust Life Value and Remainder Trust calculations
General Advice and Consulting
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4-5
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October 22, 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 4 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, calculations, Opinion Letters, reports
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $550
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $550
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel: $250 per hour
Expenses: at cost
Available Upon Request