Residency trained in Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics, board certified in emergency medicine. Full time emergency department Attending Physician. I provide medical record review, case analysis and testimony for plaintiff and defense attorneys and insurance companies. Over 20 years experience serving as an expert witness. Expert reviewer for the California Board of Medicine and former expert reviewer for the Florida Department of Health. Assistant Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of California, Riverside School of Medicine. Current active licenses: California, Florida.
Attending Physician (full time):
Department of Emergency Medicine, Eisenhower Health,
Rancho Mirage, California
Teaching Positions: Orlando Regional Medical Center and University of Florida
Residency trained in Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics
Licensed in California and Florida
Bilingual English and Spanish
Areas of Expertise
- Emergency Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Diplomate, American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow, American College of Emergency Physicians
Fellow, American Academy of Emergency Physicians
California College of Emergency Physicians
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Associate Clinical Professor, University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Clinical Faculty, Emergency Medicine Residency, Eisenhower Health
Clinical instructor in Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine and Family Medicine rotating residents
Medical Student Coordinator, Eisenhower Health
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Several Hundred
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Emergency Medicine: all aspects of care as it pertains to pre-hospital and emergency department care.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 95%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 5%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Approximately 200
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: February 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Approximately 20
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Medical record review, standard of care opinion, medical research, assisting with deposing other experts, deposition and trial testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Daily rate negotiable if having to travel. Travel expenses paid by attorney
Jeff Vastola Joseph Konheim
7000 SE Federal Hwy 15815 West Twelve Mile Road
Suite 330 Southfield, MI 48076-3043
Stuart, FL 34997 (248) 552-8500