Dr. Bansal is a U.S.-trained, board-certified, actively practicing internist & hospitalist based in south Florida. He has been a hospitalist since 2007 including 18 months as Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine for the University of Miami. He has experience in telemedicine since 2011 and extensive experience in peer reviews, utilization review, and insurance reviews since 2008. He has reviewed several journal manuscripts, including for the British Medical Association. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and a Senior Fellow of the Society of Hospital Medicine. He has reviewed several malpractice cases. Dr Bansal is licensed in 19 states as of November 2016.
Areas of Expertise
- Critical Care Medicine
- Hospitalist Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Malpractice
- Pain Management
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Advanced Studies and Academic Excellence Diploma - Thomas Jefferson High School for Science & Technology, Alexandria, VA - 1994 - Ranked #1 High School in USA by US News
BS Magna Cum Laude with University and Research Honors - Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA - 1998
MD - Creighton University, Omaha, NE - 2004
Residency - Internal Medicine - Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE - 2007
Fellow, American College of Physicians - 2012
Fellow, Society of Hospital Medicine - 2013
Senior Fellow, Society of Hospital Medicine - 2015
Fellow, American Board of Disability Analysts - 2015
Master, Clinical Hypnotherapy - National Board of Professional Ethics & Standards, British Hypnotherapeutical Association
Medical Licenses (as of 11/25/16): ME, NY, NJ, WI, IA, IL, MO, DE, PA, MD, VA, FL, CA, WV, IN, TN, MN, CO, MT
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - American Board of Internal Medicine - 2009-2019
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member, Governors Advisory Council & statewide Hospitalist Representative - Florida Chapter, American College of Physicians
Chair, Council of Early Career Physicians - Florida Chapter, American College of Physicians
Fellow, American College of Physicians & Senior Fellow, Society of Hospital Medicine
Member, American Medical Association, American Telemedicine Association, World Medical Association, Florida Medical Association, Palm Beach County Medical Society, Society of Hospital Medicine, Royal College of Physicians (UK)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Jan 2010 to Jun 2011 - University of Miami, FL
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Brain Hemorrhage, Surgical Co-Management, Wound Care, Infection, Renal Disease, others
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 75
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 25
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: August 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 5
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: none as of Nov 2016
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 5
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, reports, deposition, testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 750
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: travel expenses (air, car, hotel, standard incidentals, mileage if applicable, airport parking, copying/printing fees)
Barbara McDonald Plaintiff
Maddox, Isaacson, Cisneros, LLP
3811 West Charleston Blvd, Ste 110
Las Vegas, NV 89102
Robert Swain, Partner
Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard, & Smith, LLP
3812 Coconut Palm Dr, Ste 200
Tampa, FL 33619
Jeffry A Pritt
Pritt Law Firm, PLLC
246 Main Street
PO Box 708
Union, WV 24983