Dr. Wittenberg is the Chairman of his Emergency Department and a national oral board examiner. He has 12+ years experience as a practicing emergency physician at both a major tertiary care center and a smaller community hospital ER. Dr. Wittenberg provides consultation for chart reviews, expert witness depositions, and testimony. Dr. Wittenberg is board certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) and is a fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians (FACEP). Dr. Wittenberg graduated from Temple University School of Medicine and completed his residency at Los Angeles County - USC Hospital. He currently works in Long Beach, California at a 100,000 visit per year ER and also has experience at a community hospital seeing 30,000 visits per year. Dr. Wittenberg serves as the Chair of the Quality Committee for the health system's Physician Society, as well as being significantly involved with the health system's sepsis program development and the system's emergency department best practice team. He has been recognized for excellence in teaching with awards from two residency programs.
Areas of Expertise
- Emergency Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BA in psychology from Hamilton College 1993.
MPH from Drexel University 1998
MD from Temple University School of Medicine 2003.
American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) diplomate 2008-Present
Current California Medical License and DEA
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) - Fellow
California ACEP - member
American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) - National Oral Board Examiner
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: I provide consultation for chart reviews, and expert witness depositions and testimony.
Available upon request