Having not lost a case yet, Andrew Shedlin has over 50 years of experience as an attorney and businessperson specializing in:
Shopping Center/Retail/Real Estate, Development, Redevelopment. Management, Leasing, Operations Leasing Disputes, Safety and Security, Slip and Fall, Repair and Replacement, Common Area Maintenance Disputes, Real Estate Tax Disputes, Site Selection (expansion and contraction), Premises Liability, Malpractice Standards and Practices, Landlord-Tenant isputes, Interpretation of Leases, Force Majeure, Shopping Center Industry, Development and Leasing of Shopping Centers, and Development and Leasing of Airports.
Working nationally and representing the Plaintiff and Defendant, Mr. Shedlin has a solid background as an Expert Witness in dozens of cases in over 12 states in both State and Federal Courts on issues including but not limited to:
Estoppels, Operating Covenants, Condemnation, Mitigation of damages, Exclusives, Co-tenancy, Development standards,
Leasing standards, Damages, Restoration upon lease termination, Monetary disputes (appropriateness of rent and additional rent)
- Excellent communicator in reports, depositions, and at trial
- Served as Counsel and Executive Vice President of Equity Properties and Development Company with responsibility for the development and leasing of more than 20,000,000 square feet of shopping centers throughout the United States
- Acknowledged expert in shopping center leasing custom and practice
- Advised and consulted for more than 35 separate international, national, regional and local retailers and restaurants in shopping centers.
- Expert in the development, leasing and operations of airport concessions programs for more than 25 years.
- Served as New York State Director for the approximately 70,000-member industry trade organization, The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Serves on the ICSC Illinois State Committee
- Conceived and authored the Certified Shopping Center Leasing Specialist designation
- Holds the CLS designation and the Certified Shopping Center Manager (CSM) and the newly established pinnacle of shopping center industry designations - Certified Shopping Center Executive (CRX)
- Received the ICSC Trustee's Distinguished Service Award
- Active member of ICSC
- Responsible for negotiating and interpreting thousands of letters of intent as well as the legal documentation for more than 15,000 leases
- Author of several chapters on shopping center development, leasing, lease drafting, lease interpretation and the lease itself in multiple books published by ICSC
- Co-authored the widely used audiotape on Shopping Center Lease Negotiations
- Taught shopping center leasing at Columbia University Business School, Georgetown University Law School Continuing Legal Education Program and for more than 30 years at ICSC’s University of Shopping Centers
- BA degree from Colgate University
- JD from Boston University School of Law
- Admitted to practice law in New York and maintains an active license
Please call the office at 847-438-2900 or cell 847-274-4392.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Premises Liability
- Property Management
- Real Estate Leasing
- Retail Real Estate
- Retail Store Design & Operations
- Shopping Center/Mall Real Estate
- Slip, Trip & Fall
Available Upon Request