Dr. Alexander Marmureanu is a prominent thoracic and cardiovascular surgeon, with a special expertise in the field of minimally invasive surgery where he developed and pioneered several techniques and procedures.
Dr. Marmureanu completed his General Surgery Residency and a research fellowship at New York University Medical Center in New York City. He continued his surgical training at Mount Sinai Medical Center, also in New York City, where he was actively involved in the field of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery research. His cardiothoracic surgery fellowship was completed at UCLA, where he continued to practice as UCLA faculty/Clinical Instructor, and then joined Cedars Sinai Medical staff.
Dr. Marmureanu is nationally and internationally recognized in the field of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery and has authored numerous research papers and clinical publications.
Active in both local and international charitable causes, Alexander donates his time by traveling around the world to train local surgeons both in the operating room, and through lectures and educational forums, as well as performing pro-bono procedures.
In Los Angeles, he built several very successful cardiothoracic surgery programs, and appeared as guest speaker on numerous TV and radio shows discussing the benefits of cutting edge surgical techniques as well as the advantages of minimally invasive surgery for the thoracic and cardiovascular patients.
Dr. Marmureanu maintains a busy and active cardiothoracic surgery practice performing over 400 surgical cases per year with outstanding results and he is a member of multiple organizations Boards and committees, both nationally and internationally.
Areas of Expertise
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Medical Devices
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Degree: MD
Board Certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 11/22/10
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 3
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Expert reports
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $1,000
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $1,500
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses
Jensen, Belew & Gonzales, PLLC
1024 North Main
Fort Worth, TX 76106
City Hall East
200 N. Main St
Room 600, Police Litigation Unit
Los Angeles, CA 90012