Professor Heraghty currently serves as Chairperson of Health & Physical Education at SUNY Suffolk. Prior to this role he was the Fitness & Aquatics Director and Head Lacrosse Coach at Suffolk. He is a Certified Playground Safety Inspector credentialed by the National Recreation and Park Association and is also certified by the National Program for Playground Safety. He currently serves on the Sports Equipment, Playing Surfaces, and Facilities committee with American Society for Testing and Materials International (ASTM). Professor Heraghty specializes in Risk Management for various types of sports, recreation and fitness activities as well as the preparation of expert opinions for both plaintiff and defendants, in conjunction with recreation and sport personal injury cases.
- Fitness Equipment
- Playground Safety
- Sports & Recreation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: - Master of Science in Education - Physical Education - SUNY Cortland
- Bachelors of Science in Education - Physical Education - SUNY Cortland
- Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) - The National Recreation and Park Association
- Certified Supervisor for Outdoor Environments – National Program for Playground Safety
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: - American Society for Testing & Materials International (ASTM)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- SHAPE America - Society of Health and Physical Education
- The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: - Safety Strategies and Risk Management in Physical Education and Sports / Massapequa High School Workshop
- Playground Safety: Keeping Kids Safe at Play / Risk Management in Physical Education / Nassau BOCES
- Safety Strategies in Physical Education & Sports / Garden City High School Department of Physical Education & Athletics
- Risk Management in Physical Education & Sports / Nassau County Council of Administrators Workshop
- Risk Management Planning in Physical Education & Playgrounds / Nassau BOCES Physical Education Consortium
- Negligence & Liability in Physical Education & Athletics / Nassau Zone AAHPERD Conference
- Playground Risk Management & Safety / Suffolk Zone AAHPERD Conference
- Playground Safety: Keeping Kids Safe at Play / Eastern District AAHPERD Conference
- Risk Management in Physical Education, Sports & Playgrounds / NYS AHPERD Conference
- Effective Lacrosse Drills for High School and College Coaches / NYS AHPERD Conference
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 70
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Sports & Recreation, Playgrounds, Physical Education, Trampoline Parks, Fitness training, Health Clubs, Athletics, Coaching.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 70
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 30
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 6 months
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 8
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reports, site inspections.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Initial consultation is FREE.
Paul A. Croce II
Partner, Cooney, Scully & Dowling
Ten Columbus Boulevard
Hartford, CT 06106
Christopher J. Purcell
Reynolds, Caronia, Gianelli & La Pinta, P.C.
200 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway
Hauppauge, New York 11788
Siben & Siben
90 East Main Street
Bay Shore, NY 11706
Kreiner & Kreiner LLC
150 Essex Street
Millburn, NJ 07041
Harnick & Harnick
New York N.Y. 10007