Residency trained and board certified in Emergency Medicine with sub-specialty certification in Emergency Medical Services with 35 years experience in oversight of Emergency Medical Service agencies.
My experience in direct oversight of EMS agencies and development of state-wide policies and protocols attests to my ability to evaluate the quality of pre-hospital care. Provision of this care is predicated on quality education, sound medical protocols and policies, and robust quality improvement. I have particular interest in pre-hospital management of airway, respiratory, and cardiac emergencies as well as the approach to and treatment of excited delirium and patient restraint.
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medicine
- Medical Malpractice
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD: Medical Degree
FACEP: Fellow American College of Emergency Physicians (board certified in Emergency Medicine)
FAEMS: Fellow Academy of Emergency Medical Services (sub-board certified in Emergency Medical Services)
Wisconsin Medical License
Minnesota Medical License
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Association of Emergency Medical Service Physicians
American College of Emergency Medicine
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: 35 years presenting at state and national EMS conferences on a broad range of topics from cardiac arrest management to care of the elderly.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: None
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 16
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Emergency Medical Services
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 65
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 35
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4 years
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 19
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, report writing, deposition and testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $200/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $200/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400/hr plus expenses
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $2500/day plus expenses
Bryon G. Aschermann, Burke and Thomas, PLLP, 3900 Northwoods Drive, Suite 200, St. Paul, MN 55112, 651-490-1808
Craig Tuttle, Leeseberg & Valentine, 175 South Third Street, Penthouse One, Columbus, Ohio 43215, 614-221-2223
Susan Schwartz; Corboy & Demetrio; 21st Floor, 33 North Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60602; 313-346-3191